The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the Midwest Region, got 40 views and no response :shrug:
I thought I would try this one.....

I'm just about done with a deal on an 07 Exige, I hope Monday.(Now Tuesday)

Who is the closest place dump an ECU, warranty work, that kind of stuff?

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Hey man, welcome to the gang. A bunch of locals are good with a wrench and good teachers, turbophill, darksol are a couple. I bought my car at the StL dealer and that would be the nearest place for an ECU dump. Mike B is their service guy and a good egg, I've had no problems working with him.
As to basic service most of us do our own, one KC Elise even takes hers to jiffy lube for oil change and has since day one.
Babak

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
As to basic service most of us do our own, one KC Elise even takes hers to jiffy lube for oil change and has since day one.
Babak
:eek: That's incredible!

Does that owner remove the panel before taking it in? I can just picture pulling up to a Jiffy Lube and having the high school kids who seem to work there scratching their heads, looking like :huh: trying to figure out what to do.

Can you tell I an suspicious of Jiffy Lube? :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man, welcome to the gang. A bunch of locals are good with a wrench and good teachers, turbophill, darksol are a couple. I bought my car at the StL dealer and that would be the nearest place for an ECU dump. Mike B is their service guy and a good egg, I've had no problems working with him.
Babak
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, the deal got done today!
I got the '07 Exige S Chili Red (LSD/Track/Touring/Star) from Dan at Criswell.

I've never drove one, rode in one, sat in one... hell I've never been within 5 feet of one but when I started looking I knew I had to have THAT car!

It should be in KC on Sat or Mon.

Thanks for the help!

Craig

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Glad to have you on board. Check your PM.

Mike (service manager) at MidRivers is outstanding.

Terry Sr. at George's has worked on a few of the Elise's in town and is my recommendation if you don't want to take it to St. Louis.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Welcome to the KC Lotus Crew... I keep a standing invitation open to my shop for anyone needing some wrenching done...If you're good to BS with and willing bring over a 12 pack of shastas, there are very few things that we can't fix together in my shop:D

Cheers,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
P.S. I purchased my car site unseen and had never even seen a Lotus in person- just on the net... Had the idea on a Monday and did the wire by Thursday- the car transport was here 10 days following that---- so don't feel too bad about your purchase, you won't be the only impulsive Lotus owner in KC... I've had my car for nearly 3 years now, which is some kind of record for me... I'm more ramped up than ever about it too...

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to the truck driver, he said he's be in town at 8am on Sun :panic:

I'm all :crazyeyes at this point!

Also, for the 2nd time now I've seen a red Elise going through Lake Wood, someone on Louts Talk?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car today....... OMG what a fun car this is!
I had an idea but WOW!

never being in one, my first thought was... "holey **** it's small" but my 2nd was "one hell of a car!"

WOW!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
:clap:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was going to post the same on this board. I am probably going to get an 06 Exige (I live about 3 hours south in Arkansas) and wanted to find a place where I could add the larini exhaust. Any good place in KC for exhaust work? I also want a sport ECU. I was considering transporting it from the east coast to chicago (FVM) for work then down to arkansas. Just seems like a hell of a lot of transporting. Minor stuff I could probably do myself.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Got the car today....... OMG what a fun car this is!
I had an idea but WOW!

never being in one, my first thought was... "holey **** it's small" but my 2nd was "one hell of a car!"

WOW!
The best part is...this sensation doesn't get old. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Babak
Unless there's another 'her' owner (I can't keep up... :) ), I actually take mine to the Toyota dealer in Olathe. The first time it took them a while (I think they were being extra careful while they learned my car a bit), but they've gotten much faster at removing the underplate. The nice thing -- they can't charge me more than they charge for a Toyota for an oil change -- and -- it makes their day.

If you ever take it there, drive through the Chevrolet dealership next door and watch the Corvette dealers drool.... ^_^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts