The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it is tight and pinchy when driving. I don't like taking it out of my holster when I am in a car, but I don't think I have much choice. What do you do?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Between the rear cupholder and seat with Velcro and cover with a microfiber.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In the Elise, I kept a Helwan 9mm in a leather holster of my making wedged between the seat and the side. In the Esprit, between the seat and the console. The holster had a flap over the gun so that it just looked like more leather of the seat. And in my old Europa TCS, I had a 1911 in an old style army flap holster velcro'ed to the bottom of the flat part just over your legs. And that was before CCW laws. Even had 2 thugs with guns in Houston search the car once and not find it.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
53 Posts
Have no issues with my IWB strong side in my 05' Elise

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts
It's hard to convey how strange it is to happen upon a thread like this as a Canadian citizen. 😂
Some upsides to having a strong and kind big brother to the south. I used to travel to Canada every quarter. Very nice folks. I got stopped by the Police in Ottawa on my way from the airport to the hotel in pouring rain "because I looked lost and they thought I could use a hand!" (Pre-smart phones).

·
Administrator
2,040 Posts
PPK , Sillsack

·
Administrator
2,040 Posts
The PPK belongs to SO and she's had it for decades but it's perfect for the Elise. Best I've seen was at C&C a White Tesla with Boring Co Flamethrower mounted in trunk.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Walther PPQ 4" m2 strong side (right handed) IWB using the N82 Pro Holster. Easy enough for me to get to if im truly unfortunate to need it in a self defense emergency.

·
Vendor
3,299 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
I'm a lefty, and my normal EDC won't work in it, too big, but IWB with my Kahr CM9 works fine at 7 o'clock position, would be 5 for a right handed shooter. Gotta be a compact gun and holster, but it can work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a lefty, and my normal EDC won't work in it, too big, but IWB with my Kahr CM9 works fine at 7 o'clock position, would be 5 for a right handed shooter. Gotta be a compact gun and holster, but it can work.
I have an M&P Shield 9mm, I have not tried that positon yet in the car. I think I will give it a shot on my way home today. (Yes, Pun fully intended!)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I am a lefty as well. When you say '7 oclock' do you mean kind of by your left buttcheek? I can't even have my wallet in my back pocket when I sit in my exige...... Am I understanding this correctly?

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
I am a lefty as well. When you say '7 oclock' do you mean kind of by your left buttcheek? I can't even have my wallet in my back pocket when I sit in my exige...... Am I understanding this correctly?
It's in the waistband of my pants, so above my left cheek. I would not be able to sit on it, but between my hip and the small of my back is no issue.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
It's in the waistband of my pants, so above my left cheek. I would not be able to sit on it, but between my hip and the small of my back is no issue.
Ah OK. I'll have to give that a try. I'm a disgustingly obese man (according to BMI) so I'm not certain it will work. Thanks for the info. Time to revisit IWB holsters!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
Haha that'll make a difference, I'm 5 ft 9 and 160, but I still think it should work for you. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried this on my way home, I am right handed so I went for about 4 to 5pm, I will admit, it was a lot more comfy! Thanks for the suggestion!

For longer drives or HPD events, I agree, I do like to toss it into my Dash Bag from Blackwatch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts