The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like quite a few of us Lotus owners are also into watches. I was just curious who of us owns a Panerai...

I'll start - I have a PAM287 (Radiomir Blackseal Automatic).

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Panerai's are a bit to big for my 6.5" wrist. I do have a couple of Breitlings, Tags and Omegas. Oh and I have a nice Ball as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Rolex Submariner Oyster Perpetual Date (SS)
Rolex Perpetual Datejust Oyster/fluted bezel/Rolesor (gold/SS)
Tag Heuer 2000 (titanium finish)
other dress watches (digital)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I go more towards old school.

50's Hamilton Ventura
50's Hamilton Altair
70's Bulova Spaceview (2)
70's Pulsar (1st LED watch)
30's Gruen Curvex (Rose Gold)
60's Borel Cocktail (groovy dial)

Still want a Rado one of these days, and a Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo and....

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Panerai fakes are 98% accurate in detail now and $150-$200. I just don't get why someone would spend $4500+ on the 'real thing.' I've had a fake for three years and it is perfect. Only a jeweler could tell. Bought a Panerai (real) strap for it, that was the only give away, another $100 off Ebay.

There is something about not having to worry about it being stolen, scratched, or trashed.

$4,300 can buy a lot of Lotus fluff.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Panerai fakes are 98% accurate in detail now and $150-$200. I just don't get why someone would spend $4500+ on the 'real thing.' I've had a fake for three years and it is perfect. Only a jeweler could tell. Bought a Panerai (real) strap for it, that was the only give away, another $100 off Ebay.

There is something about not having to worry about it being stolen, scratched, or trashed.

$4,300 can buy a lot of Lotus fluff.
Because there is just something about owning the real thing. It's really up to you. If owning a fake makes you happy, then so be it. It would make you a "poser" though. Oh, which reminds me. A coworker of mine just bought a new Porsche Cayenne and put Cayenne S emblems on it as his first mod. How sad.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts