The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few guys on here have them. Could you please give me your impressions. I'm thinkign about trading my S2000 in on one. Anyone track one? What do they need as far as track setup?

-Steve

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I bought one a month ago. I'm very impressed. The car is exceptional - performance wise. I went on a PCA drive yesterday with it to Julian. Little Bastard rode shotgun. The EVO pretty much kept pace with a F355 and a 996. Both cars tried in vain to lose the EVO. Much to their chagrin, the EVO stayed with them.

I have not yet tracked the car. I expect it to excel. I'm very happy with it. The steering response is fantastic. The Brembo brakes are confidence inspiring. Quick acceleration. The Recaro seats are excellent.

It feels like a 4 door Elise - almost. ;)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
shinoo said:
I bought one a month ago. I'm very impressed. The car is exceptional - performance wise. I went on a PCA drive yesterday with it to Julian. Little Bastard rode shotgun. The EVO pretty much kept pace with a F355 and a 996. Both cars tried in vain to lose the EVO. Much to their chagrin, the EVO stayed with them.

I have not yet tracked the car. I expect it to excel. I'm very happy with it. The steering response is fantastic. The Brembo brakes are confidence inspiring. Quick acceleration. The Recaro seats are excellent.

It feels like a 4 door Elise - almost. ;)
One thing shinoo forgot to mention... The EVO was waking/running away from a C5 vette with an ok driver. I've said it before and I will say it again... the EVO is an incredible car, you have to drive one to believe it. IMO, one of the greatest cars in the world.

Neil

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was getting restless with all of the elise delays, so I test drove one today. I am EXTREMELY impressed with every aspect of this car. If I wasn't waiting on the elise, I would have driven it home today.

·
Registered
513 Posts
One more thing - not sure if you are into modding cars, but the evo takes exceptionally well to mods. It doesn't take much to get it into supercar territory. A few months back in Sport Compact Car they had a tuner/evo comparison of 8 or 9 tuners, and they had evos doing 3.5 0-60, 11.3 1/4 mile and 1.06 on the skidpad.

:eek:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
gmoneyjive said:
One more thing - not sure if you are into modding cars, but the evo takes exceptionally well to mods. It doesn't take much to get it into supercar territory. A few months back in Sport Compact Car they had a tuner/evo comparison of 8 or 9 tuners, and they had evos doing 3.5 0-60, 11.3 1/4 mile and 1.06 on the skidpad.

:eek:
Yap, with a budget of about $5K you can get the EVO up to about 500 bhp!

Neil

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
LOL
Not the 300+hp variety :p

PS Little Bastard any guesses as to who The Stig really is?
I'm glad you have a good sense of humor. I know looks of cars are totally subjective... I am sure there are going to be a lot of people that think the Elise is ugly. :eek:

As for the Stig: The original Stig (Black suit and helmet), his name is Perry McCarthy, he was a washed up Formula 1 drive. The reason I say washed up is because he wrote a book about how he became successful and lost it all: Flat out, Flat Broke, Formula 1 the hard way! As for the new Stig (All white attire) still trying to find out.

Neil

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
this months C and D quotes Mitsubishi CEO as confirming the MR will be here in 2005 with somewhere between 280-295 hp. Will be very tempting, despite the styling....

·
Registered
59 Posts
ivan1 said:
this months C and D quotes Mitsubishi CEO as confirming the MR will be here in 2005 with somewhere between 280-295 hp. Will be very tempting, despite the styling....
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2004060254184&mime=ASC

Rumor on evolutionm.net is that AYC is being included but they aren't pre-announcing it. Personally I don't want either and it's a strike against it for me that both the RS and MR are going to have it. It's extra money and noticeably extra maintenance for something that I'd rarely use. It also doesn't help that Mitsu have been making it known that they're asshats when it comes to warranty repair.

I'd definitely be looking at 2005 RS as a second car if it didn't have E-ACD/AYC or, barring that, I'd look at a MR if I thought Mitsu could be relied on for warranty repairs.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Say what you will about the styling, this car rocks. Personally I view it's styling as an updated e30 M3. A bit boy-racer but functionally sweet.

It'll hold me over nicely...until my real sportscar arrives this Fall. ;)

Their warranty policy is no worse than any other OEM - ignore some of the hysterical wailing on evolutionm.net.

·
Registered
971 Posts
shinoo said:
ignore some of the hysterical wailing on evolutionm.net.
There are car forums with hysterical wailing? We're DOOMED!!!!:crazyeyes -eek-

·
Registered
513 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Such an exceptional car but why so ugly? :D
At first, I really didn't like the looks of it (or the sti for that matter), but it has grown on me. I guess reading about how incredible of an engineering feat the car is might've helped. I think the test drive really helped me like the looks too. ;)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Hey, the MR comes in Graphite Gray also!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts