The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,656 Posts
Had mine done three weeks ago. In addition to the line/joint replacement, they had to replace one of my two oil coolers, as it was damaged in the process of separating the oil line from it. I was told in advance that they had seen that issue before. All went fine; no problems.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Mine is getting done right now, along with the ECU update.

Lotus of Las Gatos is doing the oil change for $160.00, as opposed to the other two lotus dealerships in the bay area charging around $200.00. My car needed it before my long drive back to Montana, otherwise I'd just do it myself with some friends. They are also fixing my seatbelt, which triggers the airbag light, for a few hundred dollars, and fixing my brake light, which came on for no reason.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have not receive the letter from them. Can I just call the dealer up for a appointment ?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Mine is getting done right now, along with the ECU update.

Lotus of Las Gatos is doing the oil change for $160.00, as opposed to the other two lotus dealerships in the bay area charging around $200.00. My car needed it before my long drive back to Montana, otherwise I'd just do it myself with some friends.
$160 for an oil change?!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Had mine done last week at Ft Lauderdale Collection, Jason did a great job. Had him replace my tstat while there. My oil coolers were not damaged during repair.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had my oil line service completed at Lotus Of Jacksonville, World Imports in Jacksonville Florida.

The service manager is Pat Ojeda. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and personable. They scheduled my service and was ready with the necessary parts and technicians upon my arrival.

The actual work was performed by their Lotus Technician Jason Kramer. Jason was very thorough and went above and beyond explaining the procedure.

I would highly recommend you visiting them for your oil line recall or any other specialty service you require for your Lotus.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Mines done. Nightmare it's done. To tell you the truth I was told by the dealer that these have been a nightmare for them. He said out of 40ish he has done, 10 or so have had problems with oil lines that are seized to the oil coolers, headlamps breaking and much more. They are in a weird spot cuz they are doing the labor but lotus is paying for the parts. He said the 05-06 models have had the most problems due to the fact that they have had the most road wear. Anyway good luck. Hope you don't go through what I did :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
As I speak, I am sitting at the dealership here in oahu and waiting...

Cross my fingers that everything will go smooth.
Mine are crossed, too.

My Elise is in at Minneapolis, They say they need to keep it for a couple-three days. Recall, Nautilus horn, Sector 111 radiator, coolant line reroute (lose the loop), coolant-system flush, oil filter, and oil change. Gonna be a couple of grand.

Didn't have them do the resister-pack, as it was spendy and it works fine. The TSB drain holes seem to have done their job.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had them do the resistor pack at the same time. Glad I did. Although was working it was corroded to hell when they showed me the part. Cost about $500 to replace while the clam was off but a lot more if I waited for it to fail later.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I had them do the resistor pack at the same time. Glad I did. Although was working it was corroded to hell when they showed me the part. Cost about $500 to replace while the clam was off but a lot more if I waited for it to fail later.

Minneapolis was going to hold me up for $1200. Nothing else on my car is corroded. I have heard there is a workaround. I decided to roll the dice.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have not receive the letter from them. Can I just call the dealer up for a appointment ?
You should be able to--I haven't gotten a letter. Contacted the local guy, gave them the VIN number, and they said it's in the recall and made an appointment.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Minneapolis was going to hold me up for $1200. Nothing else on my car is corroded. I have heard there is a workaround. I decided to roll the dice.
Hey Phil, I will have to take mine to Minneapolis for the first time. I used to drive south to FVMC in Chicago from my home in Central Wisconsin, but they're gone now. To my knowledge all I will need done is the oil line and the ECU update. What do you think I should expect in Minneapolis? Any tips?

Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
240 Posts
When the resistor pack goes the fan for heat and ac will stop working at the lower speeds. Apparently where the resistor pack is located in a spot where water pools. Part of the fix is drilling drainage holes in that area to allow water to drain. I don't think the resistors will give much warning before they go bad.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts