The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Work is complete... They are doing a test drive and finishing up

I took some pics of the work, I'll post them once I get home and get it downloaded.

As for the resister pack, I found out that my previous owner had completed a relocation, and it is in good condition. I will also post pic of that as well.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Hey Phil, I will have to take mine to Minneapolis for the first time. I used to drive south to FVMC in Chicago from my home in Central Wisconsin, but they're gone now. To my knowledge all I will need done is the oil line and the ECU update. What do you think I should expect in Minneapolis? Any tips?

Thanks, Todd
I can better answer that when they are done. Fingers crossed.

Is there a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee?

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
When the resistor pack goes the fan for heat and ac will stop working at the lower speeds. Apparently where the resistor pack is located in a spot where water pools. Part of the fix is drilling drainage holes in that area to allow water to drain. I don't think the resistors will give much warning before they go bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If the fan continues to work at top speed, it is a match for the single-speed blower I have had in many cars, both English and German, so so no great loss.

I do have docs that the TSB was done by a SoCal dealer early in the car's life, and the 4 holes are indeed there.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts

Is there a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee?
No, there's never been a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee. Since FVMC closed (and T.J. moved:() Lake Forest in Chicago is all that's left. They don't seem very enthusiastic about Lotus service, and it looks like they're stacked with local recall work. I'm hoping I can trust someone in Minneapolis, and since it's closer, and I already drive there for business, it is more convenient anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just picked mine up Saturday from Aston Martin/Lotus new England. Took 2.5 days and I also got a new oil cooler. One of the radiator slats was not put back quite right as one of the tabs was not in its clam slot, I didn't even notice for a day or so, but 10 mins w/ a hex wrench took care of that.

Kirk the Service Manager at AMLNE is good people, walked me through the new hose crimp process in detail, talked weird old cars. All in all, pretty painless.

·
give me my second cam!
438 Posts
I have not receive the letter from them. Can I just call the dealer up for a appointment ?
Yes. Just call your local dealer and set up an appointment. If you are the second owner of your car sometimes the recall notice goes to the original owner and not the current owner. Its no big deal they just update your info while you are there. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
OK, I got my Elise back from Minneapolis Jag/Landrover/Lotus over a week ago and trailered it home in the snow. Backed the trailer up to the garage shop and put it away. It has been too wretched weather to drive it, and I had some other commitments this last weekend when the weather was good.

I finally got it out tonight. Ran great, everything was wonderful. Except:

The air always blows hot. I don't think it is a refrigeration problem. I think it is a blend-door problem. Rats. I'll call them in the morning...

No, I was not smart enough to test for this when I picked the car up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I live in Australia and Lotus will not recall cars for the oil line replacement down here. I ordered a oil line kit from Really light stuff along with a Moroso sump and got my local Lotus mechanic to fit them for me.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,909 Posts
Removed my stock oil coolers long ago (Laminova). Saves a lot of weight and increases the oil pressure. Oil comes up to temperature more quickly and temperature is more consistent, no matter the conditions.

San

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
OK, I got my Elise back from Minneapolis Jag/Landrover/Lotus over a week ago and trailered it home in the snow. Backed the trailer up to the garage shop and put it away. It has been too wretched weather to drive it, and I had some other commitments this last weekend when the weather was good.

I finally got it out tonight. Ran great, everything was wonderful. Except:

The air always blows hot. I don't think it is a refrigeration problem. I think it is a blend-door problem. Rats. I'll call them in the morning...

No, I was not smart enough to test for this when I picked the car up.
Car goes back to Minneapolis on Wednesday so that they can figure out what happened.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Car goes back to Minneapolis on Wednesday so that they can figure out what happened.
Please keep me informed. I have to take mine in soon. It's a 4 hour drive for me and I'm concerned that if they mess something up I could be waiting, or worse, left stranded far from home.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts