The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you on the list? I was told that I was pretty high on the list but they can never confirm which # i am at

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'm on the list too. They wouldn't/couldn't tell me what number I was, but when LarryB put his deposit down there, he found out that I'm #2. My hunch is that they don't want to commit to places in line, so that they can shuffle the order as needed to accomodate some of their long-time customers.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'm #9 with them (back in Feb). About a week before they hadn't got there "paper work" togather, so they didn't have a offical list. Would suggest those of you who put a deposit down earlier get your spot on the list in writting... no sense in wondering about it for the next year ;) . I'll also need to take my own advise, since I didn't have them write it down on my paper work. I'll call Mark later today to check on the demo car & ask about it. Will let you know what he has to say.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Talked to the new GM, he was pretty fuzzy about the list. Wouldn't / couldn't give me my order (that the old GM knew). When press said he would check it by Aug. Brought up that I wasn't the only one wondering. Then relented and will send us a letter (way before Aug) telling us the order we're in. He did say it's currently 10-15 long. Matt sounds like your right they may have been trying to monkey around with the order... or maybe just not paying much attention to it, TBD.

On the demo car- no idea up to Lotus USA when they get it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-15 is kinda short and Symbolic in SoCal has over 100 on the list. Dealer in WA state has about 50-60. I am not sure if they monkey around and hold up some allocation for "markup" thats why they never confirm the number.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
They only started taking deposit in Jan, when Lotus went offical they were bring it here. When I put the deposit down in Feb, they penciled me in at #9 (saw the list). About 1.5 months ago there were a couple of other guys on the board who said they were around 12 and 13 on the list. My guess its more like 20 now. Yeah Mark was being a bit vague about it. Hopefully he follows through with the letter. It 's early enough & mentioning there're more then one of us concern should help keep them in line.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
John, last I heard, Bently of SV (formerly Ferrari of Los Gatos) guarantees MSRP (Boardwalk did not), and has a smaller deposit. It's been a few months since I checked though, so things may have changed. It's worth calling both places and asking about those two details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts