The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5k miles on my late model 13 Evora S with venom red interior and my driver’s side seat bolster is showing wear. It's not terrible, but it is noticeable.

I am very careful when entering and exiting the car not to rub against that area, but it should not have this type of wear at this early stage?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Mine showed it at 2k miles, pretty bad now at 6k. Orlando Lotus told me that Lotus is no longer covering these. But any auto upholstery place will repair easily. That is going to be my next move.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine showed pretty quickly. Was fixed once under warranty, but it didn't last long as wear is showing again.

I am planning to have to seats wrapped again with better leather next winter.

·
Registered
606 Posts
2011 Oyster Interior - shows some wear - 14,000 miles. It's liveable and not too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
This was a problem in my first Exige, on the driver side bolster the dye on the thin leather worn off and a hole was worn in the grey fabric. On on my S260 I've velcroed a Sabelt seat belt cover over the driver side seat side bolster where it rubs during ingress and egress to prevent this wear. It may also be the way English car leather is dyed, I recall a Land Rover Discovery in the 80's I had suffered from the same problem.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I have 6K miles and no real wear showing on the bolsters. However, after hearing of premature wear a few year ago, I attribute it to my preventative upkeep of them.

I regularly apply a light coat of leatherique to the bolsters even if I am not doing the whole interior. My thought is that its keeping them soft and pliable, which makes them more forgiving. :shrug:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. We will see what Lake Forest Sports Cars has to say next week when I have my air bag warning light and the sat radio looked at.
Funny, I have a 2010 Lincoln as a daily driver that doesn't have this type of wear.....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have no idea what I'm doing "right", but after 4+ years (18K miles, including many trips of just 20-30 miles) there is no sign whatever of seat/bolster wear on my car :D.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think it somewhat depends on seat color. I have the oyster interior and the issue isn't so much wear as it is discoloration due to the dye rubbing off. No cracking or anything just discoloration. I figure I'll eventually get the seats redone, maybe with a diamond patterned alcantara insert down the middle or something.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I have no idea what I'm doing "right", but after 4+ years (18K miles, including many trips of just 20-30 miles) there is no sign whatever of seat/bolster wear on my car :D.
Joel, What color interior do you have ?

I also have no wear on my 2011 Evora seats, with the Black & Gray interior.

It seems like the Oyster and colored interiors tend to show more wear.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Yes, I also have the Black/Gray interior, and it really looks as fresh as it did on day one, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I have the oyster leather, and at 6500 miles, the center part of the seat has some slight wrinkles, but there is no wear or discoloration. I sit in the seat first, then swing my legs in, and I think maybe that's easier on the bolster (although it leads to scuff marks on the sill).

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
~22,300 miles with the venom red interior and my seats look good. Actually the whole interior still looks new, apart from the thin layer of dust that's starting to settle on the dash.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have 30,000+ miles, and I don't see any wear at all. I have a black/gray interior.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Normal wear on my oyster leather seats. I drive every day with almost 50k on the odometer.

The bolsters--lower seat back bolsters have almost the same level of wear as the seat bottom bolsters.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just rolled over 10,000 miles and mine shows a very small wear spot. I'm super careful, but its just so damn hard to get out of your car without rubbing a little against it!

·
Registered
606 Posts
2011 with 14K miles, oyster interior. Slight wear on the bolster but not bad.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have 5k miles on my late model 13 Evora S with venom red interior and my driver’s side seat bolster is showing wear. It's not terrible, but it is noticeable.

I am very careful when entering and exiting the car not to rub against that area, but it should not have this type of wear at this early stage?
can you post a photo of this? thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts