The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone on this site has dropped out of the deposit list and what the procedure was in doing so. Was it a hassle to get your money back? How long did it take? Did you get the entire deposit returned to you?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
shay2nak said:
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone on this site has dropped out of the deposit list and what the procedure was in doing so. Was it a hassle to get your money back? How long did it take? Did you get the entire deposit returned to you?

Thanks!
I did, just today, from Lotus Motorsports in Brighton, MA.
It was pretty easy - just ran my credit card again, "in reverse".
Refund hasn't shown up online yet, but I expect it to in a day or two.

Sidenote:
Everyone with a deposit higher than 39 at Lotus Motorsports, you're now one car closer!
Also, Pat said the list is only about 70 or 80, and commented he "still had a couple cars" (spots for first year allocation?)
So if anyone out there still is looking to put down a deposit...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,193 Posts
I gave a "cash" deposit at Prestige. So getting my deposit back took a little longer. It was still pretty hassle-free, but they had to mail me a check. It took less than a week to get it.
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by transio
I gave a "cash" deposit at Prestige. So getting my deposit back took a little longer. It was still pretty hassle-free, but they had to mail me a check. It took less than a week to get it.
You took your deposit back? Why? I thought you were one of
the "hardcore guys?" :D

Mine is by check, so I guess that'll be by mail and take a while, too.

thanks, guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
You're taking your deposit back? Did you change your mind on the Elise?

Bob
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by rtking
You're taking your deposit back? Did you change your mind on the Elise?
hi bob,

no, just curious if i wanted to. LOL

ara
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,193 Posts
I took my deposit back from Prestige in December when they tried to renegotiate the terms of my purchase agreement. I placed a new deposit with Palm Beach Motorcars.
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
originally posted by transio
I took my deposit back from Prestige in December when they tried to renegotiate the terms of my purchase agreement. I placed a new deposit with Palm Beach Motorcars.
OIC, did u lose any time on your car's ETA by switching?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,193 Posts
Well, ETA is one of the things they tried to renegotiate... but from what they told me, I would have gotten the car by August... now it looks like it'll be next Summer before I get it :(
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top