The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was dead set on the Larini SE tips, I think they look GREAT, lighter than stock and the car looks "Stock" when you put it behind the Euro rear panels.

BUT...I think it may be to safe...so that got me thinking about doing rear panel delete...and so I started looking at all the threads on the board I could find.

The thing is, I'm not sure that the items we place behind the factory rear panels is actually worth looking at? BUT if it saves a decent amount of weight then I can live with it being a bit uglier.

THe cleanest nicest looking open end I've seen is the Von Hep on this car..but it's a lot different than the SE dual setup.

One question I have, does anyone get the "elbow" or other intermediate pipes coated (ceramic) instead of wrapping?

Are there any exhausts besides this Von Hep which look nice, something worth looking at?

And finally, how much weight is saved by deleting the rear panels?

I'm sad to say that I think the Larini SE might look the WORST with a rear panel delete..due to the ammount of "stuff" that is exposed.

I want my ass to look good and be functional. :-D

What got me worried was seeing this exhaust for sale on the board...it looks....well.....I mean do we really want to expose and showcase "this" ??

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHHAHAAH...damnit...I NEED HELP SPENDING MONEY! Right now I'm driving around with a stock exhaust, and the drivers side tip has gone "flacid" and is hanging lower than the other... :-D

I just thought maybe someone might have a suggestion, looks like that Von Hep or Larini is the way to go.

ANd regarding the coating, I meant in relation to keeping the heat in the pipe, I haven't seen anyone here do it so I was just wondering if there was a good reason. I was wondering if one could coat an entire exhaust system, to keep it looking good for a long period of time. ?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I see what you did there

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I don't have any pics, but we have a single tip titanium that weights 10lbs. It has a blued tip. I can grab it from Andy's house and bring it to Marina del Rey for you to take a look at it. Cost is $1080

cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You could build your own exhaust...

I think it sounds better than anything I've seen that came from a store.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2R7Vlf1NVXI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2R7Vlf1NVXI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

·
Registered
787 Posts
:D
:shift::shift::shift:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Personally, not a big fan of the rear panel delete look.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have the rear panel delete with the larini se. I know what you are saying about the clean look with the euro panels. Orginally I had cut holes in the stock rear panels and called it a day. Then when I went S/c I wanted to make sure heat could get out so I went with the delete. I took the heat sheild off the elbow and wrapped it. Seems to have worked well so far. I cut the other heat sheilding so that only the sides and top remained. I am somewhat happy with the look but my plan is to pull the exhaust and paint all exposed rear sub frame and heat sheilding black.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It may not look as "clean" but it is quite functional. The cars generate a lot of heat back there, especially with a turbo or SC. There are threads on the forum of cars actually catching on fire.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
By deleting the rear panels, heat shield, and changing to the Von Hep, I shaved about seven thousand pounds off the car.

Does it look a bit unfinished? Sure. Do I care? Not a bit.

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
i was the same, but now I like it. It depends what eliminator panel you have and what parts are on the car. I remember seeing a cup255 with the small reverie wing, 3 element diffuser, von hep eliminator and 6" 2bular. It looked badass.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I see your orange cars Jack and raise you one.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts