The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a change of pace... Let's brag about who might have the longest wait time... I'll start...

I was #76 now I am at #60 spot with Smith Lotus. They speculate my car arriving December of 2005!! YEAH BABY!!!! I'll be waiting 1 1/2 years for my Elise!! Yepeeeeee!!

WHO here can beat that? I knew I would be first at something :clap:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Congratulations, you win ! :bow:

#26 at Symbolic LA, hoping to get the car before the end of the year (this year, 2004)....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Try this one, I put my deposit with Star Motors in November of 2001 and expect my car in late July early August, that would be 3 years and 8 months!

·
Registered
259 Posts
James A said:
Try this one, I put my deposit with Star Motors in November of 2001 and expect my car in late July early August, that would be 3 years and 8 months!
Actually 2 years 8 month, but I'll bet it feels closer to 3yr.8mo.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think I'm somewhere around 80 at FVMC. I was roughly 120 at one point.

I've gotten flamed before for saying it, but I'll do it agian anyway - I'm impressed with the way FVMC is handling their customers, I have no complaints and I feel like they are "taking care" of me. I'd rather be in the high numbers with FVMC than low to middle with other dealers I've been reading about. If I was placing an order today, I'd go back to FVMC without hesitation. They are a high volume dealer (if not the highest in Esprit sales), so I expect to have my car before the driving season begins next year. This year would be a bit optimistic after the recent push backs.

It's worth the wait for me, no complaints.

John

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
what are the people at LOA saying about their allocation and anticipated deliveries? chris? anybody?

·
Registered
479 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Did they have a lot of people drop off the list?
Yes.

And so far I agree with Reddirt, FVMC has been a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I wanted to order one when the S1 came out in '96. I was one of the people trying to get Arnie to take a deposit at the '98 LOG. My deposit has been "down" since January '02.

Does that count?

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I HONNESTLY don't want to sound like a loud mouth kid, but since I'm 15 and I have my entire education ahead of me, it looks like I won't be seeing my Elise for more than 10 years. Driver's license, then finishing university, then saving up... :( I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Officially, I've been waiting since Feb '03 (#32 @ SYmbolic means I'll probably not see my car until end of this year, beginning of next)... HOWEVER.. I was researching bringing in a gray market Elise for about 5 months or so before that, so let's count that too... oh, and my girlfriend at the time spotted one when she was in the UK in 99 & I wanted it then, so... let's count that too. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts