The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I'm curious also, but I think there might be cheaper and more efficient solutions. The '08 Exige S hood and Reverie hood or scoop will increase drag and with marginal air flow benefits.

I'm looking into alternate solutions both water/meth injection (internal) and more simple external water misting. With any help from ForcedFed I might have a working solution soon.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Just and FYI, I did call the dealer to price out the '08 roof for my '07 Exige S -- painted with my color scheme (Graphite Gray) it was just over $4400.

It would be cheaper to get the Reverie roof and have it painted to match and you'd save some weight also.

But I suppose with Lotus keeping their parts prices so high, it does keep the aftermarket strong. Trying to find a positive twist on "out to lunch" pricing Lotus try to get away with.

After finding out about Cup car wheel/tire prices and then the '08 roof price, I didn't even bother to ask about '08 AP racing brakes -- they probably want $10,000 or something equally ridiculous.

Rob.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
PM me, I have something you might be interested in... :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
pm you? just post it so we all can enjoy :)
I'm under orders not to reveal publicly yet.. :wallbang: I have one sitting within 10 feet of me, it's gorgeous! And doesn't have the Reverie pricetag... (they do make nice stuff, don't get me wrong...)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Have you checked Reverie's site? They have several pics at different angles of the scoop.

ReVerie | Online Shop

Personally, I hate it. How anyone could stand to have a scoop tacked-on like that with exposed screws/bolts is beyond me. Except maybe for a track-only car. But to each his own.

·
Registered
184 Posts
we have one here in the shop now. It being molded into the roof as we speak. The directions were having it mounted with fasteners but I dont think that would have looked so good. The downside to doing it this way (molding it in) is that you have to cut the rear of the scoop off and then mold it into the clamshell so it looks proper like the roof. Here is a crappy pic, sorry its so big. If you want I can post one next week once it is finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
Very cool! Can't wait to see the finished product. Do you have another thread for this project? Certainly deserves one.

What are the NACA ducts going to be used for? Added engine cooling?

·
Registered
184 Posts
The carbon naca ducts will be used for cooling. I dont know how much they will help but I had them laying around and figured what the heck. I wish I had time to make a thread on the build as it is quite extreme.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
The carbon naca ducts will be used for cooling. I dont know how much they will help but I had them laying around and figured what the heck. I wish I had time to make a thread on the build as it is quite extreme.
More details please! :clap:

·
Registered
184 Posts
the flares are Reverie as well. My partner has a newer 911 turbo and I have always loved the way they are so aggressively wide in the rear so I thought why not try it on the Exige? I hadnt seen one in person but some of the pics I seen looked pretty cool. However I didnt care for the front flares as it seemed to look strange that way to me. Not to mention the front flares were nearly 2x the price of the rears!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts