The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,900 Posts
Yes, CO does make a bold statement. It boldly says, "Look at me, I have a two inch p--is!"
No it doesn't. It boldy says, "Look at me, I have a nine inch p--is!" Remeber, this is not a Hummer or some big ass SUV which one cannot see past. This is a very small car like a Mini. Therefore, when people drive big cars they are small and vice versa. I drive small cars and own small electronics because I'm compensating for my largeness! LOL!

·
Registered
219 Posts
HOCKYDOC said:

Chrome Orange -- with the metallic flake, has a yellow tint in the sun; bold statement, yes. easily seen, yes. not an everyday color, yes. belongs on a sports car, yes. although difficult to imagine in person - does almost everyone love it once they actually see it on a car (ie, the espirit or exige)? it seems so!
I've only seen it on an espirit, and indoors at that, but in that light (and I suspect at a distance of more than a couple of car lengths in natural light as well), it is indeed a dead ringer for an everyday color around here - the color of one of the larger taxi cab companies to be more specific.

Been seeing some that have an awfully kryptonish shade of green to them as well. As it's in their business interests to research colors that stand out well in traffic, I'd say Krypton and CO owners will definitely have that going for them.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
shay2nak said:
No it doesn't. It boldy says, "Look at me, I have a nine inch p--is!" Remeber, this is not a Hummer or some big ass SUV which one cannot see past. This is a very small car like a Mini. Therefore, when people drive big cars they are small and vice versa. I drive small cars and own small electronics because I'm compensating for my largeness! LOL!
If you're blessed enough to have a 9 incher, the last thing you'll have to do is announce it. People will know! :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
wallabyguy said:
I'm a manly man! I do manly things! I drink light beer (only for this joke)! I drive Lazer Blue sports cars...........ah, you may have a point. But I have 5 kids so I must be a little manly:p

Did I mention that................" I'm a lumber jack and I'm ok, I sleep all night and I work all day, I chop down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatry, on sundays I go shopping, and have butter sconce with tea..........." Those of you who know the rest of this song should:

A) be laughing by now without me even having to finish
B) are a very sad lot
C) are true brits at heart and deserve the elise more than anyone else because you understand what it means to be British.

Regardless, I need to go now and get in touch with my sensitive side:p
Since I'm so old, I remember the Monty Python television show and movies from when they first hit the US. Got the collection of TV shows for Xmas (A & E sells them), working my way through them. Some segments are very funny if you like the peculiar British sense of humour, some are not. Amazing animations given that they were produced in the 60's.

·
Registered
592 Posts
jml1952 said:
Since I'm so old, I remember the Monty Python television show and movies from when they first hit the US. Got the collection of TV shows for Xmas (A & E sells them), working my way through them. Some segments are very funny if you like the peculiar British sense of humour, some are not. Amazing animations given that they were produced in the 60's.
I am also old enough to have seen the originals and I must be a lumberjack because I ordered Laser Blue!

I also have the full A&E Monty Python set as well as the full Emma Peel Avengers set. I gave my brother the Prisoner set and I have to get it, if for no other reason than the 7. The Avengers holds up very well, they are very cool in a 60's way, and of course the cars are awsome. I agree with you on the Python's - some is still very funny and other parts fall flat (and I don't think it is just the British humor not coming through). Of course, Python was the prototype for a whole lot of later comedy such as SNL, and is worth the watch.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
...then what exactly does your avatar say? :D
I think his avatar says, "Look at me I used to have a two inch penis but since I'm loaded I got penis enhancement surgery and now it's a niner" :D

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
huggy bear said:
I think his avatar says, "Look at me I used to have a two inch penis but since I'm loaded I got penis enhancement surgery and now it's a niner" :D
Don't you idiots know anything? You can't get penis enhancements in odd sizes. It's 10 inches, going down hill with a wind at my back. :D

My avatar reflects the savings I got when I had the penis enhancement, lasik procedure, hair plugs and botox done at the same time. :p

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Hopefully not by the same person:eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I, too think the elise looks good in other colors. It all comes down to preference.

As to why I picked CO... it's a matter of what looks good on the car as well as exclusivity.

Other colors I thought about:

SY - original color of choice. great looking on elise. Too common of a color nowadays. Not very photogenic: Hard to depict the right yellow in pics.

ST or GG - nice metallic flakes. boring color on a sports car (no flames please. just my .02)

Ardent Red - nice color. I just preferred a yellow or orange.

Only color I didnt care for: Aztek bronze.

·
Registered
135 Posts
After agonizing I did order Laser Blue. Does it have any metal flake in it or is it a flat color. I never saw any paint chips for any color as my dealer either never had any or never mentioned that he had any.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm certain lazer blue is a mettallic flake. Most of the colors are (Ardent red and Saffron yellow are definitely not). Not sure on some of the boring colors (greys, silvers blah blah).

I was at my dealer last night and they had an Esprit there in orange. But it had a mettallic flake (a pearl) which was awesome! I hope we get the same quality of paint, because I was very impressed. And that orange Esprit absolutely screamed "Look at me!" or maybe "small penis alert!!", but it screamed something.:eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Jer, thanks for the input. I am in Pittsburgh btw. Anyone who has seen laser blue in person who can confirm this? My original picks were Magnetic Blue or Orange believe it or not. My dealer said the Orange was absolutely awesome and the Elise is a sports car afterall but I got a safe color. It would have been so nice to see the cars or paint in person.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
british racing green

no, storm titanium

no, starlight black because...black is booful. even if it is full of stars

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LotusLust said:
black is booful. even if it is full of stars
My God.. it's full of stars

·
Registered
148 Posts
Surprised so many of you are going for Ardent. I see a fair few about in the UK and it is a pretty flat colour. Maybe look better in US sunshine though.

Clearly the only correct colour is this though ;) :

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
DanH said:
Surprised so many of you are going for Ardent. I see a fair few about in the UK and it is a pretty flat colour. Maybe look better in US sunshine though.

Clearly the only correct colour is this though ;) :

Dan, thanks for the shot of BRP. I soiled my pants when I saw it! BRP/Biscuit is what I ordered. That pic solidifies my choice.

Do you have any more?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Theres a couple more pics in the pictures forum but they don't do the car any favours really as its caked in mud in all of them :)

p.s. Not completely sure that bordeaux is the same as my cars colour as it was called 'Ruby Red' here...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Wow! Did I mention Wow!? I sure hope that's BRP because I'll enjoy staring at that color for years on mine. I'll know in 9 weeks or so....:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had originally ordered the AS, but after seeing pictures of the BRP, I quickly called my dealer and made the change. I'm very happy with my decision!

61 - 80 of 103 Posts