The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here lives near the I-270 corridor (Montgomery & Frederick counties) in MD?

Seems like NoVa always gets the most attention so I figured I would start a thread specifically for those across the river.
I know there's at least a 2 or 3 Elise owners in MoCo so, let's see a raise of hands. What town are you in?
(You can also post pics of those spotted in the area.)

I'll start:
I'm in Boyds.
And here's a picture shot at Black Hill Regional Park.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Check out the NoVa forum; it is more DMV than just northern Virginia, so there are a lot of Maryland people on there. There's also an annual party in Maryland hosted by Kevin McGovern that was fantastic. I miss all the comradery with them up there (now I'm in NC), so they are a great group to get plugged into.

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Administrator
11,260 Posts
Check out the NoVa forum; it is more DMV than just northern Virginia, so there are a lot of Maryland people on there. There's also an annual party in Maryland hosted by Kevin McGovern that was fantastic. I miss all the comradery with them up there (now I'm in NC), so they are a great group to get plugged into.

View attachment 1306810
Is that your car pre green?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the heads up regarding all the NoVa stuff but that's exactly why I created this thread; Because it seems like anything DMV related is always in NoVA and I want to see who is local to this side of the river.
Nothing against NoVa (except for the lack of merging lanes in many places and lack of bridges getting to it). But knowing who is local to this area can help some people when they have questions and need resources that are closer.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
172 Posts
I'm certainly envious of the more enjoyable curvy roads you have over there in WV. :)
I think I'll take a drive over there sometimes this spring.
Spot on, our roads are definitely well suited for a lotus!
Send me a PM when things warm up, it would be great to meet up and invade a local cars & coffee with a few lotus cars.

http://instagr.am/p/CHNbug3l-CT/

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I appreciate the heads up regarding all the NoVa stuff but that's exactly why I created this thread; Because it seems like anything DMV related is always in NoVA and I want to see who is local to this side of the river.
Nothing against NoVa (except for the lack of merging lanes in many places and lack of bridges getting to it). But knowing who is local to this area can help some people when they have questions and need resources that are closer.
That picture I posted was from an annual event in Maryland, and most of the drives would be to WV. They also organized some MD drives I couldn’t make and some I did. Like I said, don’t let the name fool you into thinking it is all NoVa.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,708 Posts

·
Administrator
11,260 Posts
Yep! That was in Sept ‘17, I think. July ‘18 is when I started stripping it down. Looking back, I probably should’ve just gotten used to all the imperfections, haha
It's funny when I was in my lurking days pre joining LT your posts were some of the first I had gravitated to. Looking forward to seeing your car finished!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts