The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from the Evo, Mustang, and Focus RS worlds, I am wondering if there is an Accessport style handheld tuner for these cars. If there is already a thread about this, can someone please direct me to it? Just curious because I feel like the car is being held back by EPA-complaint tune.

Thank you.

John

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I’ve searched and have made lots of phone calls, there doesn’t seem to be a tuning solution in the US yet but I know a couple company’s are working on it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
@Champale Options are fewer than the models that you have mentioned. The engine is essentially OE toyota, but the ECU (T6) is lotus-specific. I don't think there is any flash-at-home option developed. The market isn't big enough to support it.

In the US, BOE tuning has a forum here and offers some staged upgrades for a reasonable price. MonkeyWrench racing may have something as well. There really aren't big gains available from recalibration alone.

donour

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thank you for the replies, guys. That was kind of what my preliminary research was telling me.

Not looking for huge power gains, just looking for smoother power application. I've tuned/reflashed all manner of cars and sportbikes over the years and a good tune just makes a car so much more enjoyable by making the throttle response crisper, which would really be nice when heel and toe-ing this car. The throttle just feels too 'fluffy' for my liking.

Another question: what is the difference between an Evora 430 and a 400? Is it a different pulley on the supercharger? Or just a tune?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Just a tune, I did the the K&N filter with the 3rd cat delete and I feel it made the throttle response much better and sound is better also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent info! I, too, did the K&N and am waiting for the 3rd cat delete pipe. The filter change alone seems to have made the engine a little crisper feeling.

Soooooo just thinking out loud but if the 430 is just a different tune in the ECM, has anyone figured out a way to copy it and transfer it it to a 400 ECM? Or can we buy a 430 ECM and plug it in? Probably costs an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I was thinking about doing the 460 kit this winter but might hold out till mid winter to see if there’s a US tuning solution. Inokenetic sells the 460 kit

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That 460 kit looks like it would be a ton of fun, although it's price and the labor cost would force me to give up at least 1 kidney! If I had unlimited funds, the 460 kit and shorter gearing would be on my list.

I am not seeing a 430 kit on Komo-tec website currently? I had PM'd with Shinoo a few months ago and they were going to be working on tuning a 400 this summer but never saw any updates.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent, thank you for all of your feedback. Now go get that 460 kit and tell us all how awesome it is!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was chatting with my service guy at my break-in service about the komotec package. He said they installed it on a 400 here and dyno-ed it making similar power to the stock motor. Much back and forth with komotec, including them suggesting he installed it wrong. He sent them all the readings from the dyno. The upshot was the owner decided to remove the package. He said he thought it was the first install on a federal 400 and perhaps the tune needed to be adjusted. I’m sure YMMV on all this info.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I’m in the market for ECU tuning solutions as well. I’ll be watching this thread. Hopefully
Shinoo and/or Phil come up with something soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. I am preparing to order the "460" kit, how recently was this and is it someone you could make a connection to for a fellow group member & 400 owner :)

I was chatting with my service guy at my break-in service about the komotec package. He said they installed it on a 400 here and dyno-ed it making similar power to the stock motor. Much back and forth with komotec, including them suggesting he installed it wrong. He sent them all the readings from the dyno. The upshot was the owner decided to remove the package. He said he thought it was the first install on a federal 400 and perhaps the tune needed to be adjusted. I’m sure YMMV on all this info.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Interesting. I am preparing to order the "460" kit, how recently was this and is it someone you could make a connection to for a fellow group member & 400 owner :)
I’m sorry, I missed this way back when. I don’t have the info on who had Komo-tec installed up in Phoenix. They seem like a reputable company and I wouldn’t let one anecdotal story dissuade you from installing their 460 tune.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts