The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Phil,

Shinoo/InoKinetic has a tune out on the market and have shared the dyno graph. Maybe you can do the same before criticizing their efforts?

For the sake of Lotus owners, we would like BOE to get in this game. The more options the better everyone is. Healthy competition and choice is where its at.
Agree... and we don't want to see you guys fight. The community is too small for all that stuff. :UK:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phil,

I am the former business partner of your tuner (creator of Fastworks) so I am VERY well versed on the history of the software. I don't like to talk much but dude you're pushing your luck! May I suggest that you just post your results (when you get them). We are all grown-ups here. There is no need to try to bash another company or belittle the results of another company to make you appear better, actually that tactic eventually backfires.

LT Members,

I have been on Lotus Talk for a long time (have not said much) I go back to the old Stebro Performance days.

For those who do not know me I have been tuning since 2008-ish. Over the years I have gained some very good European contacts for tuning/calibration and most importantly code writers (guys that deal with dissembling code, these are the real heroes). One thing I learned, no one person can do it all. You need a good team to get the job done. I belong to a group of 8 tuners across the world and we all draw from each others experience. Plus we all check each others work for accuracy I teamed up with InoKinetic about 2+ years to take their product to another level and add support to an already great product line.

Rest assured our Evora 400 tune is sweet and our clients are happy with it. I think you would be too.

I will be back at InoKinetic soon. We are working on a very cool Lotus upgrade, can't say too much so stay tuned.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Brentf, I don’t know who you are, but you’re not making sense.

I don’t have a tuner. I am the tuner. Fastworks is a delivery vehicle to the ECU. The tunes are built at my finger tips on my dyno and have been for many many years. There’s no luck I’m pushing. I’m quite certain I’ve personally tuned a wider variety of engine configurations on the various Lotus ECUs than anyone on the planet. Can’t guarantee it, but it’s a safe bet.

To that end, you surely well know that the delivery vehicle is only as good as the templates you have to work from and how to apply the definitions within. NOBODY has the quality of template that we have with the vast array of definitions in it and NOBODY outside of Lotus has the time on the dyno wit these ECUs as I do. To that end, even I learn new things about the ECU on a pretty regular basis. Another thing, we’re expanding the definition list all the time. I’ve been around the Lotus tuning scene a long time, I’ve not seen any other competitor dedicate the time it takes to properly reverse engineer this ECU. Each and every competitor on the planet is working with a very limited toolbox by comparison, as I’ve seen literally everyone else’s “work” or lack thereof. The lotus world is small.

On your tune, feel free to post up your definitions on your template. Something tells me you have nothing in the torque management area... happy customers or not...

Bashing the competition is nothing I’m interested in. Stating what I know to be fact is. Since I have the first hand experience with these ECUs that I do, I tend to not take too much flack from you new guys, as there have been a lot of you. Maybe you’ll be the first that can actually execute, but I’ve seen posts like yours so, so many times... Especially Shinoo’s guys, as he’s had a lot of guys who are “OEM Level Calibrators” according to him. At least two of his past guys have come to me after they were done with him to explain the reality of working with him....

As for your partnership with Shinoo/Inokinetic, good luck. THe term Shinoozled exists for a reason;) They’re a new company that emerged from Shinoo’s intentional bankruptcy of Sector111 that left people in Lotus Land among others high and dry while he still enjoyed his luxury garage at Spring Mountain, etc... That’s not bashing, it’s just another reality.

Good luck with your tuning.

Phil

Phil,

I am the former business partner of your tuner (creator of Fastworks) so I am VERY well versed on the history of the software. I don't like to talk much but dude you're pushing your luck! May I suggest that you just post your results (when you get them). We are all grown-ups here. There is no need to try to bash another company or belittle the results of another company to make you appear better, actually that tactic eventually backfires.

LT Members,

I have been on Lotus Talk for a long time (have not said much) I go back to the old Stebro Performance days.

For those who do not know me I have been tuning since 2008-ish. Over the years I have gained some very good European contacts for tuning/calibration and most importantly code writers (guys that deal with dissembling code, these are the real heroes). One thing I learned, no one person can do it all. You need a good team to get the job done. I belong to a group of 8 tuners across the world and we all draw from each others experience. Plus we all check each others work for accuracy I teamed up with InoKinetic about 2+ years to take their product to another level and add support to an already great product line.

Rest assured our Evora 400 tune is sweet and our clients are happy with it. I think you would be too.

I will be back at InoKinetic soon. We are working on a very cool Lotus upgrade, can't say too much so stay tuned.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Brent,

I figured out your deal. You’re the SpeedySpark guy... your reputation precedes you! You’ve obviously convinced Shinoo that you have my software and can somehow do what I do, which you don’t and can’t... and you certainly don’t have the ability to disassemble a calibration either.

I know for a fact that you have made a business of stealing tunes in Evo land and I presume you’re aim is to get your hands on one of my tunes to do a ROM compare, since that’s been your MO elsewhere. Well good luck.

You found the right business partner for sure!

-Phil

Phil,

LT Members,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know for a fact that you have made a business of stealing tunes in Evo land and I presume you’re aim is to get your hands on one of my tunes to do a ROM compare,
Ah no! pump the brakes there big shoots! not only is that the farthest thing from the truth most will call your statement libel. Actually I can count the number of EVOX I have tuned on both hands. To set the record straight when I started to learn the little tricks for the EVOX I was being coached by a guy named Merlin who is considered one of the founding Fathers of Mitsubishi tuning he even wrote a guide on the subject. I am not afraid to admit I was taught by one of the best, no ego here, we all have to learn somewhere.

To the members of Lotus Talk. Normally I would not even bother to respond to an obvious attack on my person but there are simply flat out lies said and that had to be addressed. Now that they have been addressed moving on!

We have a great product and amazing support send me a PM/DM I can shoot you my Facebook page and you can read all the reviews. The way we have set up InoKinetic is great for the people that just want to flash a tune and enjoy the car. The hand held programmers we use are simple and pretty straight forward.

Not Lotus related but I/we also have amazing results for Mercedes BMW Audi and Porsche so if any of you have those vehicles for dailies we can set you up with tuning for those. Give Shinoo a shout and InoKinetic for more details.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Let's let the dyno and real world results do the talking boys :) Competition is good … can't wait to see what @turbophil and the BOE boys come up with as it sounds VERY exciting indeed!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Is this 2004?

Mods, can we put a stop to these dealer slagging posts.
Not sure if vendors realize they are having the opposite of intended effect. I would have a hard time doing business with somebody who publicly denigrates everybody else while engaging in braggadocio. Not a good look in these times. Whatever happened to “talk softly, but carry a big stick”?:shrug:

Reactions: kestrou and Redsled

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not sure if vendors realize they are having the opposite of intended effect. I would have a hard time doing business with somebody who publicly denigrates everybody else while engaging in braggadocio. Not a good look in these times. Whatever happened to “talk softly, but carry a big stick”?:shrug:
Are you talking about that 2bular guy?

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Phil,

Phil:
Brentf, I don’t know who you are, but you’re not making sense.

I don’t have a tuner. I am the tuner. Fastworks is a delivery vehicle to the ECU. The tunes are built at my finger tips on my dyno and have been for many many years
Well, I have no knowledge of Shinoo's past, but this seems to be a complete lie, and not a smart one.

I will say that BOE has been a solid, honest vendor for years here. I bought the 300 and it is pretty perfect.

BOE has many fans here.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
2bular,

Are you angry that BOE tested headers and yours came in last in hp/tq?

I didn't see dyno results on your site. Did I miss them or, if not, why aren't they there?

Thanks.

·
Illegal Alien
5,148 Posts
Let's let the dyno and real world results do the talking boys :) Competition is good … can't wait to see what @turbophil and the BOE boys come up with as it sounds VERY exciting indeed!
Then why does the InoKinetic website post a power curve of the E400 that less has less wHp than two dynos (1 BOE's, but the other fully independent) have shown for my Series 1 "S" with BOE's first Evora street tune. I would fully expect more power out of a massaged 400. Additionally any dyne curve, provided by a dedicated tuner selling his wares, that must be cut at about 6600 rpm is suspicious, as the tuners that have delved into the ECU can override the Sport mode cut out triggered by rotation difference between front and rear wheels.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Then why does the InoKinetic website post a power curve of the E400 that less has less wHp than two dynos (1 BOE's, but the other fully independent) have shown for my Series 1 "S" with BOE's first Evora street tune. I would fully expect more power out of a massaged 400. Additionally any dyne curve, provided by a dedicated tuner selling his wares, that must be cut at about 6600 rpm is suspicious, as the tuners that have delved into the ECU can override the Sport mode cut out triggered by rotation difference between front and rear wheels.
BOE has not posted a dyno chart, hell they don't even have a product on the market yet. So far, all we have is Phil's claims of how fantastic it is *going* to be. BOE may have a lot of fans from Elise/S1 Evoras and a well-earned reputation, but that doesn't mean anything till an actual product is delivered with results for the 400. And frankly, Phil is not doing his reputation any favors with his bickering and belittling the competition.

Let's not jump to conclusions or indulge in conjecture till we see dyno charts. All I have seen so far for 400s is Komotec and InoKinetic. Everybody else should just calm down till they can put dyno charts up.

BTW, stock 400s are putting down 355-365 WHP, so I am surprised your earlier S put out 348 WHP with just a BOE tune. Then again, I am not familiar with S1s and tunes, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Also FYI - Komotec insists you put the car on a 4 wheel dyno with both rollers linked and front wheels turning to avoid the 6xxx rpm cut off. They do not have a way to override the sport mode cutoff and they have been at the Evora tuning game longer than / as long as anyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not all dynos are the same I am sure we all know this. There are many factors that come into play that can effect the outcome. The dyno i used for our Evora400 was at Lighttouch Tuning In Carp just outside Ottawa Canada (eh!). Most of the graphs from this dyno have that odd looking dip in them. This dyno has a load break and I believe that is what causes the "dip" from the start. Basically the operator gets the vehicle into the proper gear for testing and then holds the RPM in this case 2000RPM. He activates the "load brake" mashes the throttle to build load and boost (on turbo cars) then the dyno releases the brake and the dyno run continues. This being a load bearing dyno will get different numbers and curves if the dyno was just an inertia dyno. If you look at our graph right around the 2000-3000rpm mark we gained about 60wtq...but as you can see the rest of the graph straightens out and the gains are pretty consistent across the board. We did a few runes and you can see the ECU was till adapting to the new targets. Since the ecu constantly adapts it would take a few drive cycles to re-learn so again. Personally after working with BOSCH and Siemens Continental and now Kiefco ECU I hate to sat this but the Lotus ECU are not the most advanced out there but that is just my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
2bular,

Are you angry that BOE tested headers and yours came in last in hp/tq?

I didn't see dyno results on your site. Did I miss them or, if not, why aren't they there?

Thanks.
You mean Phil's headers came out top on Phil's dyno? :D:D:D

Of course I have dyno graphs but they'd be wasted on you.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
You mean Phil's headers came out top on Phil's dyno? :D:D:D

Of course I have dyno graphs but they'd be wasted on you.
GMAB.

First, BOE made none of the headers in the test.

Pretty insulting that you think I (or anyone) couldn't understand a dyno graph.

At this point, I believe you are lying on both counts. "Look at the gains from our header! Let's keep that a secret."

·
Illegal Alien
5,148 Posts
BOE has not posted a dyno chart, hell they don't even have a product on the market yet. So far, all we have is Phil's claims of how fantastic it is *going* to be. BOE may have a lot of fans from Elise/S1 Evoras and a well-earned reputation, but that doesn't mean anything till an actual product is delivered with results for the 400. And frankly, Phil is not doing his reputation any favors with his bickering and belittling the competition.

Let's not jump to conclusions or indulge in conjecture till we see dyno charts. All I have seen so far for 400s is Komotec and InoKinetic. Everybody else should just calm down till they can put dyno charts up.

BTW, stock 400s are putting down 355-365 WHP, so I am surprised your earlier S put out 348 WHP with just a BOE tune. Then again, I am not familiar with S1s and tunes, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

Also FYI - Komotec insists you put the car on a 4 wheel dyno with both rollers linked and front wheels turning to avoid the 6xxx rpm cut off. They do not have a way to override the sport mode cutoff and they have been at the Evora tuning game longer than / as long as anyone.
Where did you get the 348 figure? The only S1 BOE tune that I have posted is 363 back in July 2016. As to Komo-tec's insistence that the car MUST be on a 4 wheel dyno, exactly the stock tune senses the traction control info and cuts output to the Normal mode as F/R delta wheel spin implies rear wheels have lost traction. Funny that BOE was able to go deeper into the tuning tables and override that lockout. Note teh yellow curve was my older Komo-tec tune.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,148 Posts
Since this thread is about 4xx Series tunes, I post teh collection of 400 dyno curves that I have run across.

1. Komo-tec EV4-460. a 4-475 tune also exists with substitution of their air filter (normalized to a theoretical flywheel power, as is a European standard (this is still an efficiency assumption without pulling out the engine and measuring on a n engine dyno, because teh torque is still only measured at the wheels))
2. InoKinetic (early cut off, peak power will be higher)
3. Champales's independent Komo-tec 4-435 (6.18.19)
4. GRP's CAI & delete pipe (Euro Spec) w/ no tune (4.30.19) (early cut off, peak power will be higher)

Different dyno types, different units, but they give an idea of stock baseline and mods.

BOE's is glaringly missing, but we hope to be able to add soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hell bent on numbers... Its getting to be like measuring shlong here.

The driver can neutralize an extra 50-75 hp pretty easily. With all this riffraff, that's why I stayed stock. Longevity is more important than .5sec/lap.

61 - 80 of 135 Posts