The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hell bent on numbers... Its getting to be like measuring shlong here.

The driver can neutralize an extra 50-75 hp pretty easily. With all this riffraff, that's why I stayed stock. Longevity is more important than .5sec/lap.

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Personally after working with BOSCH and Siemens Continental and now Kiefco ECU I hate to sat this but the Lotus ECU are not the most advanced out there but that is just my personal opinion.
Admittedly the efi Technology url is not on the level of racing units from and Bosch or Motec, but it is still good enough for Lamborghini and Magneti Marell. The Euro-8 32bit Power PC based processor has lots of functions and capabilities that Lotus has chosen not to use on a street car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hell bent on numbers... Its getting to be like measuring shlong here.

The driver can neutralize an extra 50-75 hp pretty easily. With all this riffraff, that's why I stayed stock. Longevity is more important than .5sec/lap.
Not going to lie, a meatier low and mid-range would be appreciated, miss that from large displacement V-8's... and V-10's... Grin factor in the turns *and* the straights without revving out to 7K...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just to throw this out there. Whatever numbers BOE gets from their Dyno(whatever they use), I confirmed later on my own as the same numbers on a dynapack dyno(the one that bolts onto the hubs)

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Growing up with overachieving, small displacement powerplants, its the high rpm sounds that I enjoy the most. A more usable 5th gear would solve my niggling issues and a taller 6th would be best for highway (2K at 80mph), but I don't understand gears and why those choices can't occur well enough TBH.
Let's see all the numbers and let's all refrain from attacks, like always occurs on this topic.

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Komo-tec site shows some gear curves for two rear diff ratio changes. "Close ratio" that proportionally changes the 1-4 pinion and the 5-6 pinion and an "ultra close" that further tightens the 5-6 ratios; unfortunately these don't change the gear box ratios so 6th gets shorter not longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some of us just can't drive a stock car. Between adding performance and customizing the look its just way too much fun. There is nothing wrong with leaving a car stock and that is the more intelligent decision but we are people that toss cars around a track and engage in ......... spirited driving. We are not the best and brightest to begin with.

I have the 460HP Komo-Tec kit and put 11,000 miles on it in 5 months. 0 regrets and 0 issues.

·
Loves to talk
828 Posts
If you opt for Komo, what's the advantage/disadvantage tree regarding going with the 430 tune vs. the 460 tune? Just money and power? Like life itself....more of both is better? Except you have a little less money but more power if you go 460?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you opt for Komo, what's the advantage/disadvantage tree regarding going with the 430 tune vs. the 460 tune? Just money and power? Like life itself....more of both is better? Except you have a little less money but more power if you go 460?
You also get more sound. The 460 kit replaces a lot of the exhaust system. Add an aftermarket muffler and the combined change is pretty astonishing.

If you do this, get a valved exhaust. With the valves open my car is insanely loud, too loud for certain situations.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You also get more sound. The 460 kit replaces a lot of the exhaust system. Add an aftermarket muffler and the combined change is pretty astonishing.

If you do this, get a valved exhaust. With the valves open my car is insanely loud, too loud for certain situations.
Hey nossirahx, many users of the Komotec EV-435 remap are finding that it's a little underrated. i.e., actual crank hp is closer to, or a bit more than 450. I have seen at least 3 dyno graphs from US cars that support this.

Is Komotec's EV-460 kit also similar? I would imagine your car is making well over 500 hp at the crank with that kit and the components that go into it. What has your experience been?

Also, what aftermarket exhaust did you go with? I have heard the Larini is a bit on the loud side for the 400s.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey nossirahx, many users of the Komotec EV-435 remap are finding that it's a little underrated. i.e., actual crank hp is closer to, or a bit more than 450. I have seen at least 3 dyno graphs from US cars that support this.

Is Komotec's EV-460 kit also similar? I would imagine your car is making well over 500 hp at the crank with that kit and the components that go into it. What has your experience been?

Also, what aftermarket exhaust did you go with? I have heard the Larini is a bit on the loud side for the 400s.
I have not tested it yet but I also have the GRP intake and the Komo-Tec 475 kit also includes a replacement intake over the 460 kit so I suspect that I am over the predicted power.

I am running this exhaust : https://www.larinisystems.com/collection/lotus/evora-400/larini-club-sport-exhaust-system-with-valve-control-oval-tip

I am also noticing something interesting on their site. Between the time I ordered mine and today their non-valved exhaust options have vanished.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I have not tested it yet but I also have the GRP intake and the Komo-Tec 475 kit also includes a replacement intake over the 460 kit so I suspect that I am over the predicted power.
We will have to take our cars to dyno together in Spring to see how much more power your 460 kit has over my 435. We both have same exhaust and intake so numbers will be purely between Komo Tec difference. But I have my weight saving to help make up difference :)

·
Loves to talk
828 Posts

Mine's already sometimes a bit too loud with just the GRP cat delete. I appreciate your insight. .....and I wouldn't consider a non valved exhaust for street use in any case. I like the valve.

It would be instructional if you Komotec users generated a separate thread. I'd be very interested in the accumulated experiences and wisdom there. No doubt it's on a lot of our lists.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts