The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Competition, finally. While I suspect that as it is with most tunes the upper safe limits will keep gains relatively similar to Komo-Tec it will be nice to see what happens with the price and service.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Just peeked at the BOE FB dyno chart . . . for those of you who have been waiting with bated breath, it appears they have achieved similar midrange gains to the K-T 435 flash but have not achieved similar gains in hp/tq at the top end. In all fairness, my car had the 3rd cat delete and a K&N replacement panel filter at the time of my OE ECU flash dyno and also my K-T dyno runs so maybe that accounts for the higher peak hp gains with my car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Hey nossirahx, many users of the Komotec EV-435 remap are finding that it's a little underrated. i.e., actual crank hp is closer to, or a bit more than 450. I have seen at least 3 dyno graphs from US cars that support this.

Is Komotec's EV-460 kit also similar? I would imagine your car is making well over 500 hp at the crank with that kit and the components that go into it. What has your experience been?

Also, what aftermarket exhaust did you go with? I have heard the Larini is a bit on the loud side for the 400s.
Komo-tec (as do most European tuners) rate there Hp at the Crank, using assumptions on power losses. Because just like in the US the roller dynos can only measure torque at the wheels not at the crank shaft. So 460 is implied as about 390ish wheel Hp

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Just peeked at the BOE FB dyno chart . . . for those of you who have been waiting with bated breath, it appears they have achieved similar midrange gains to the K-T 435 flash but have not achieved similar gains in hp/tq at the top end. In all fairness, my car had the 3rd cat delete and a K&N replacement panel filter at the time of my OE ECU flash dyno and also my K-T dyno runs so maybe that accounts for the higher peak hp gains with my car.
see my comment below, compare apples to apples .. Komo-tec states power as extrapolated to crank, per typical Euro standards .. while US dynes are measuring at wheel. and Again as all dynes are different and all weather conditions are different, only compare delta gains (percentage gains) from a baseline to modified from same dyno, same car and as close as possible climate conditions.

And while some people think I am a BOE mole, my history is that I tried the rest and ended up with BOE. This is hardware and software based on Evora's and I spent a hell of a lot making the switch from Komo-tec to BOE and happy I did.

·
Registered
195 Posts
see my comment below, compare apples to apples .. Komo-tec states power as extrapolated to crank, per typical Euro standards .. while US dynes are measuring at wheel. and Again as all dynes are different and all weather conditions are different, only compare delta gains (percentage gains) from a baseline to modified from same dyno, same car and as close as possible climate conditions.

And while some people think I am a BOE mole, my history is that I tried the rest and ended up with BOE. This is hardware and software based on Evora's and I spent a hell of a lot making the switch from Komo-tec to BOE and happy I did.
What are you talking about??

It does not say that Komotec lists crank hp. There are plenty of dyno charts on this forum from people who actually have Komotec showing wheel horsepower gains far in excess of what Komotec advertises (they underrate the gains).

I don't think some people think you are a BOE mole. I think everyone thinks so. I don't care what BOE did about your old S model, fact is on 400s, they haven't put their money where their mouth is, and there are plenty of dyno charts from Komotec and plenty of users with real world miles stating facts. Which you are trying to obfuscate with meaningless jibberish.

Stand back and let people with facts do the talking.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
I'm sorry you feel that way, a few of us were pioneering enough to make early development of the Evora S1 S possible and yes a lot of that is equally applicable to the S2, same engine and nothing special that we didn't find to improve on the S1 .. SC at capacity, needing to be made bigger, a restrictive exhaust manifold, designed by Toyota to support under 300Hp at 6600 rpm, not 450+ at 7200 rpm (Lotus is still stuck with such due to emissions limitations and so only opened up exhaust behind the merger pipe to gain single digit power), an intake that only becomes restrictive above 7000 rpm when using headers, tuning cam action to improve mid and hi rpm breathing (Lotus also added to S2's).

Believe what you want about European standards to present Hp/Tq based on a estimate of crank power based on estimate of gear-train losses.

Again my prior statement stands based on any tuner, any country, any car, any dyno, any beliefs: "all dynos are different and all weather conditions are different, only compare delta gains (percentage gains) from a baseline to modified from same dyno, same car and as close as possible climate conditions".

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
What are you talking about??

It does not say that Komotec lists crank hp. There are plenty of dyno charts on this forum from people who actually have Komotec showing wheel horsepower gains far in excess of what Komotec advertises (they underrate the gains). ...
Actually they do: CEngTq and CEngPS relate to engine (crank) power, while CWhPHp relates to wheel power, refer to Work500 plot that shows both curves. Correcting for the 1.3% difference between DIN Hp (PS) and UK/USA Hp of 1.0138%, Komo-tec is thus assuming 13.87%% losses for geartrain, close to a more typical 15%

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
I wonder if 4 ads on one page has something to do with it. I'll dyno my Komo-Tec 460 in the spring and post up the results.
Much more likely that I am happy with the results.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you dyno Your 400 before the mods began?

i see you have a new NSX, how does that compare to the 400?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you dyno Your 400 before the mods began?

i see you have a new NSX, how does that compare to the 400?
Never even drove the Evora before mods. It was bought and modified as a winter project.

The NSX is a completely different animal, impossible to compare. I love them both but for completely different reasons. The Evora scratches that analog car itch like nothing else and the NSX feels exactly the opposite. Its amazing how good it is doing anything from driving around in EV mode in the city to ripping it in Mexico with friends.

The big downside to the NSX is that you need to be going obscenely fast to have the feeling of speed where the Evora connects you much more directly to what you are doing.

I also track both cars. The Evora is hard but rewarding work while the NSX feels like a video game, like you are getting away with breaking physics while feeling completely in control and safe.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts