The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know we can't count on the French. We know we can't count on the Russians. We know that Iraq is a danger to the United States, and we reserve the right to take pre-emptive action whenever we feel it's in our national interest.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I'm sorry but any republican that really believes the PROPEGANDA that the Bush regime is handing us would have a questionable IQ Period. OH my god WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!! We must INVADE a country that thumbed it's nose to my daddy!! Oh and don't worry Cheney, Ashcroft, and Rumsfeld you will all become wildly rich(er) over this...:no: :no:
Do they think we as a nation are that stupid? Oh yeah they do.... As long as the rich get richer everything will be fine. We'll just keep the blue collar class afraid for their lives... Sounds alarmingly like the NAZI mentality.. :cool:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Uh oh Perry, now you've gone and done it - Ashcroft is gonna come and getcha (probably me too !). Because, you know we're all dangerous, us and the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens....

It's no joke actually - the whole lot of them are really scary - who can look at either Bush or Cheney and think "this is someone who's looking out for us?" And John Ashcroft as head of the Department of Justice - it's like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse, IMO.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Let's see...

Saddam worked really hard for decades to convince the world that he had weapons of mass destruction. He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people with them, and attempted to use them on the US personnel a few times. He went to great lengths to thwart the UN Investigation teams so that they couldn't properly search. He ignored the UN warnings about them. I'd say that he did a pretty good job of convincing the world - but I guess that makes anyone that expected to find WMDs in Iraq an idiot...:shrug:

Some politicians have held steady with their beliefs and actions, while some change depending on the most recent poll. Whoever the leader is, I want one that stays on course and can be counted on.

The people that blame everything on Bush, and don't care who's President as long as they remove Bush, are probably much more ignorant than the people that believe the so-called "Propaganda" - but then I have to stop and remember that there's people on this forum that still think the 9/11 attacks were staged...:wallbang: :shrug:

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
perryeyges said:
Do they think we as a nation are that stupid?
Of course they do, and the majority hasn't given them any reason to believe otherwise.

Just look at what happened when they said to buy duct tape :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
TimMullen said:
Let's see...

Saddam worked really hard for decades to convince the world that he had weapons of mass destruction. He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people with them, and attempted to use them on the US personnel a few times. He went to great lengths to thwart the UN Investigation teams so that they couldn't properly search. He ignored the UN warnings about them. I'd say that he did a pretty good job of convincing the world - but I guess that makes anyone that expected to find WMDs in Iraq an idiot...:shrug:

Some politicians have held steady with their beliefs and actions, while some change depending on the most recent poll. Whoever the leader is, I want one that stays on course and can be counted on.

The people that blame everything on Bush, and don't care who's President as long as they remove Bush, are probably much more ignorant than the people that believe the so-called "Propaganda" - but then I have to stop and remember that there's people on this forum that still think the 9/11 attacks were staged...:wallbang: :shrug:
:clap:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
TimMullen said:
The people that blame everything on Bush, and don't care who's President as long as they remove Bush, are probably much more ignorant than the people that believe the so-called "Propaganda" -
There are more reasons to vote out Bush than the Iraq war alone. Not to get into that here, let's just say that some people look at what he's done overall and decide that anyone's gotta be better than him. Others see the balance of power shifted too far to the right in our government, and think we'd be better off having a democratic president to balance out the republican Congress.

·
Registered
592 Posts
TimMullen said:
LWhoever the leader is, I want one that stays on course and can be counted on.
Co-pilot to pilot: Sir, there is a large mountain directly in our path

Pilot to co-pilot: I am the leader hear and I am determined to stay the course.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
ex-M3 said:

Exxactly ! :clap:

Bush is both intellectually uncurious and stubborn. A very dangerous combination for the most powerful man in the world IMO.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
ex-M3 said:

Pilot to co-pilot: I'm going to go around to the left....no - right, no-left...AAAAARRRGH

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
mikester said:
Bush is both intellectually uncurious and stubborn.
Now who's believing the Propaganda? If you really believe that someone like that would make it all the way to the white house... Well...:wallbang:

I prefer the pilot that says "Hold on everyone, this is going to be a rough flight as I try to save the plane!" to the one that says "Bail out now! It's everyone for themselves in that jungle down there!" Or worse yet, "The latest polls indicate that it's going to be a bumpy flight, so we better bail out over the ocean instead of landing this plane."

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Stan said:
Okay so the liberals are "smart" is that what some of you are saying? And others are not?
The liberals are smart enough to say "The pilot doesn't know what he's doing but if you just pass your wallets to the front cabin,we will take care of everything. And drinks are on the house".

1 - 20 of 60 Posts