The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
What part of Texas? No snow here in Houston.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
probably Amarillo, TX

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah.. it snowed when we lived in dallas about 6 years ago.. Pretty good coverage for Tejas... about 2-3 inches..

'05 Christmas eve it snowed in Houston.. Just enough to cover the car, but didn't stick to the ground..

Dam global warming..

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah but in 05 is was the first time it had snowed in Galveston since like 1915 I think.

I hate living in snow. . . thank God for global warming!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
A buddy of mine knew how long I'd had the deposit down on my Elise (almost 2 years) and would tease me when he said I'd finally get my Lotus when it snowed...in Houston.

When we got back to work after the Christmas holiday, my buddy called me and asked if I'd gotten my car. I asked him why he was asking and he reminded me that it had snowed in Houston.

Later that day I got the call from the dealer that the truck had just dropped off my car.

I called my buddy back and thanked him for being a jackass.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah.. it snowed when we lived in dallas about 6 years ago.. Pretty good coverage for Tejas... about 2-3 inches..

'05 Christmas eve it snowed in Houston.. Just enough to cover the car, but didn't stick to the ground..

Dam global warming..
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to correct this statement for the record. It was Christmas Eve 2004, not 2005. I know because we brought my son home from the hospital that afternoon, with snow flurries in the air...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts