The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After being Lotusless for more than a year now, I can't cure the itch. I'm thinking about importing a S1 from the UK. The Elise are cheap. However, I much prefer the Exige look and I'm thinking about swapping the original clam with a widebody one.

Who makes widebody clams ? I saw two sellers in the UK but they don't ship in North America.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, there are a few S1 Elises and Exiges in Canada but they were imported.

Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nip over to SELOC.
Phil Peek (Junks) on there does a complete kit of clams / roof / spoilers etc to covert a S1 Elise to S1 Exige / S1 Elise Motorsport. I believe he can sort paint / installation too, as it would be better to ship a converted car, than a S1 Elise + components.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have been talking to Junks about Exige Clams ... And he has no problem sending them to New Zealand .
From what I hear the wide body is a lot of work to fit and it can look a bit odd if you don't run the correct size tyres to fill up the oversized body work ..
But check with Phil...
PM me if you want his email .

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Actually, there are a few S1 Elises and Exiges in Canada but they were imported.

Thanks for the links!
Sorry - typed too quickly. There are a handfull in NA... but as they were never imported as road going cars there is very limited local support.

As Sean says - Phil can sort anything you need :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts