Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to need to do this soon...

codymac said no to the dealer

and suggested lamborghini of dallas

any other places?

or take it to a shop that i know and show them the manual and make sure they jack it up on those spots only

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would second that recommendation for Lamborghini of Dallas.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inetd said:
I would second that recommendation for Lamborghini of Dallas.
apparently they don't mount and balance it themselves.. but take the wheels to some place called "affordable" something and they do it for them... never the car with the wheels

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
bluejae said:
apparently they don't mount and balance it themselves.. but take the wheels to some place called "affordable" something and they do it for them... never the car with the wheels
That sounds scary! Might give Ruf a call then, or Boardwalk Ferrari.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's wrong with the dealer? overpriced? i mean... they do know how to handle the lotus

·
Registered
288 Posts
bluejae said:
take it to a shop that i know and show them the manual and make sure they jack it up on those spots only.

apparently they don't mount and balance it themselves..
I presume that LoD would lift the car correctly if they followed the manual, but I can understand your apprehension.

A friend of mine searched around for a shop that would mount and balance the tires for his M roadster. I am waiting to hear back from him where he received the service.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
bluejae said:
what's wrong with the dealer? overpriced? i mean... they do know how to handle the lotus
If you'd come out once in awhile you could have looked at my wheel and judged for yourself. It's since been touched up.

I bet the M guy ends up at Autoscope - they'd be next on my list.
:D

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
codymac said:
If you'd come out once in awhile you could have looked at my wheel and judged for yourself. It's since been touched up.

I bet the M guy ends up at Autoscope - they'd be next on my list.
:D
they messed up your wheels? wtc?

and it's not like i haven't tried to come out... :(

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
bluejae said:
they messed up your wheels? wtc?

and it's not like i haven't tried to come out... :(
Yup, put a nick in one mounting the rears and didn't bother to own up to it until I called the service writer over and made some pretty rude comments. It was pretty obvious they knew they'd done it and weren't going to say anything.
:mad:

·
Registered
288 Posts
OK, it turns out he took his car into Autobahn Motor car in Ft. Worth. He ordered replacement tires online and had them shipped to the dealership.

You might also consider the Porsche store in Plano.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts