The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

cncpics posted this picture on facebook. He said he met the guy who just traded his Exige S for this Lambo.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
That's a hell of a trade up.

I can understand trading up from an Elige to a used Gallardo (that's probably my trade up at some point), but from an Exige to a Murci? Wow.

Even an '07 Murci is still around $270K. So, trade a car valued at say $48K for one that's almost $230K more? That's a big jump!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exige Trade

My friend, Calvin, always wanted the Murcie....He loved and babied the Exige! He almost bought the Gallardo but the salesman at Auto Gallery said he'll call but never followed up. Dealer at Newport Beach gave him $34K for his low miles clean Exige S. I have the Gallardo, which is more nimble, but a V12 Bull suits his driving style. I've had at least one type Ferrari the past 35 years, still own one. The Lambo group I'm with is younger, loves to drive and we can put 4-500 miles in a single drive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My friend, Calvin, always wanted the Murcie....He loved and babied the Exige! He almost bought the Gallardo but the salesman at Auto Gallery said he'll call but never followed up. Dealer at Newport Beach gave him $34K for his low miles clean Exige S. I have the Gallardo, which is more nimble, but a V12 Bull suits his driving style. I've had at least one type Ferrari the past 35 years, still own one. The Lambo group I'm with is younger, loves to drive and we can put 4-500 miles in a single drive.
Only 34k for a 07 with low miles... What a deal :confused:. I would have paid a little more if the bank would agree with me.:(

·
Registered
8,534 Posts

And the award for SCREAMING-EST SCREEN NAME goes to....

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've been pondering this for a long time. I have a few friends with Lambos and they love them. Just difficult to give up the little plastic go kart. I've heard of people having the Lambo to drive around in and keeping a Lotus for the track.

I guess If someone make a good enough offer on my car I could be persuaded, lol

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
We have a resident member who owns an Elise and a Murci. He's selling his Murci - driving a GT3RS now and ordered a 458.

The other 458 owner who joined our drive also came from a Murci SV.

In both instances, they were telling me how hard the Murci is to drive. Said ingress/egress is impossible, rear visibility is nill and it's just a 'hard car to drive'. Said the 458 was night and day better as a driver's car.

I'd like to find out!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
We have a resident member who owns an Elise and a Murci. He's selling his Murci - driving a GT3RS now and ordered a 458.

The other 458 owner who joined our drive also came from a Murci SV.

In both instances, they were telling me how hard the Murci is to drive. Said ingress/egress is impossible, rear visibility is nill and it's just a 'hard car to drive'. Said the 458 was night and day better as a driver's car.

I'd like to find out!! :)
Ingress/egress is impossible? In a Murcie coming from an Elise?

Yes the progression to Ferrari makes the most sense. I just feel going to a Lambo would compromise the visceral driving feedback of a Lotus. I have a 430 Spider and it compliments and heightens the sporty driving experience. But they are still very different cars. I always enjoyed Colin's philosophy of "add lightness."

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My super car goal is an Audi R8 V10 Twin turbo charged....

Perfect daily driver, with more power than you could ever want in an all wheel driver!

·
Registered
409 Posts
So you went from having one of the best handling cars to having one of the worse handling cars? :p

You really needed to keep both but congrats. Just make sure do drive that lambo in a straight line :)

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
So you went from having one of the best handling cars to having one of the worse handling cars? :p

You really needed to keep both but congrats. Just make sure do drive that lambo in a straight line :)
Could be worse, he could have gotten a Corvette.:tadts:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Sorry everyone, but I just can't get past the looks of the Murci's rear. The nice part though is that I'm nowhere close to being able to afford one so I don't have to fret about making that decision. Congrats and enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts