The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a stealthful individual to travel to Hethel, sneak into yard where finished cars for U.S. are kept, photograph and
remove bits of the body and interior materials, then get the hell back here to show us what he's/she's got. We are an equal opportunity establishment. This will allow us to know exactly what we are ordering, protecting us from making the mistakes of our lives

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Who's footing the bill? the organization or the stealthful volunteer.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Need a stealthful individual to travel to Hethel, sneak into yard where finished cars for U.S. are kept, photograph and
remove bits of the body and interior materials, then get the hell back here to show us what he's/she's got. We are an equal opportunity establishment. This will allow us to know exactly what we are ordering, protecting us from making the mistakes of our lives
We went to the LA Auto Show...I think Ridgemanron is the man for the job:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I really think we need a couple of webcams installed on the production line :D
Then we can keep tabs on what cars are being built....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
...and a couple of conecams on the track at Hethel while we're at it. Levity aside, Lotus could make some serious street credit and PR points for having a webcam. But then again, what am I saying, the can't get around to updating their website.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
babak said:
...and a couple of conecams on the track at Hethel while we're at it. Levity aside, Lotus could make some serious street credit and PR points for having a webcam. But then again, what am I saying, the can't get around to updating their website.
Didn't you hear? It's (always) about to be updated.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
COMING FALL 2003

:)

Seriously, it would be very cool to see some video from inside the factory showing your car on the line. People would pay extra for that. The major downside.. "HEY!!! He dropped a wrench on my car!! What is that? Bondo? YOu!!! CARRYING THE LARGE COFFEE. GET AWAY FROM MY CAR!"

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Randy Chase said:
COMING FALL 2003

Seriously, it would be very cool to see some video from inside the factory showing your car on the line. People would pay extra for that. The major downside.. "HEY!!! He dropped a wrench on my car!! What is that? Bondo? YOu!!! CARRYING THE LARGE COFFEE. GET AWAY FROM MY CAR!"
If you watch the Best of British film carefully you see them laying spanners right on the body work and generally not treating the cars with kid gloves. This is the same reason I don't want to see the people in restaurants preparing my meals...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Still a webcam mounted high on the work area should have decent resolution to give us an idea while not sharp enough to hide the indiscretions of the assembly line workers. Although, everybody who has been to hethel has nothing but praise for Lotus people.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You are not even allowed to take a camera into the factory. BIIIIG no no at Hethel. Nearest I could get was a photo of my car out on the public road outside, with the entrance gate and sign in the background. So don't hold your breath waiting for a web cam !! Giles.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
COMING FALL 2003

I move that we make that our battle cry/motto.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
waelsie said:
You are not even allowed to take a camera into the factory. BIIIIG no no at Hethel. Nearest I could get was a photo of my car out on the public road outside, with the entrance gate and sign in the background. So don't hold your breath waiting for a web cam !! Giles.
When I toured the factory in 93, they did allow me to photo everything in the factory, assembly line etc. Only thing I couldnt take pics of were some m100s that had been used in crash tests.

It helped that a penpal that worked at the factory took me on the tour, also arranged for a tour of Kett Hall when Team Lotus was still racing F1. One of the coolest moments was getting to sit in the current F1 car! Couldn't really sit, because the pedals were way too close so couldn't actually put my a** on the seat.

Chris

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I'm visiting Hethel at the end of March. Cameras are no longer allowed. Here's the confirmation letter I received.:
----------------------------------
LOTUS CARS LTD

Dear Shinoo

Thank you for booking a factory tour at Lotus Cars. I am writing to confirm that you will be visiting our manufacturing facility on Wednesday 31st March at 2p.m.

Upon arrival, please report to the main gate reception, where you will be handed your tour pass. This will allow you to gain entry onto the site. May I ask you to take a few moments of your time to read the company guide lines which are listed below.

CAMERAS

Please be aware that all photographic equipment including video cameras and mobile phones with internal cameras are prohibited on site at all times.

TOUR NUMBERS

The maximum number of people allowed on a tour at any time is 15. This is for safety and insurance reasons, as visitors will be touring our working manufacturing facilities.

FIRE ALARMS

In the event of a fire a continuous bell will sound. Any guests attending a factory tour will be asked to follow their guide immediately to the nearest fire assembly point.

CHILDREN
The minimum age which children are allowed to visit our facilities is 8 years old. Please be advised that parents/guardians are responsible for their supervision at all times. Company policy requires for one supervising adult per 3 children. Please note that parties of school children under 12 years of age are prohibited on site.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Lotus Cars and I look forward to meeting you.

Annette Lancaster (Miss)
Lotus Sport Sales Co-ordinator

·
Registered
529 Posts
OK, OK, OK...since I'm single with no kids, I'll go... But I'll have to bring MW along as my sidekick. Every spy needs a cute sidekick... just like in Austin Powers...

<< Austin Powers >> "Yeah baby...!!!" << Austin Powers >> ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
COMING FALL 2003

When we bought out house 17 years ago, we purchased a graded piece of dirt within a developing subdivision in an affluent neighborhood. I was able to visit from time to time and watch my house being built. There are some things that you are better off not knowing! The final product turned out pretty well, but you don't need to see how they get there. Construction seems to be a compromise between doing good work and doing fast work, with more emphasis on the latter. Found out more than I wanted to know about how homes are built.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Who wants to volunteer?

Patricko said:
We went to the LA Auto Show...I think Ridgemanron is the man for the job:)
Ridgeman makes too much noise! I'd be in the clink within seconds of my arrival at Hethel.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I will donate my frequent flyer miles if you will swipe a set of black wheels for me while you are there:)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ivan1 said:
I will donate my frequent flyer miles if you will swipe a set of black wheels for me while you are there:)
First class or Economy:)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I don't think the wheels will fit in economy:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts