The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I neither confirm nor deny any yellow crossing... but let's say if I 'had' crossed the yellow I would have made sure it was only with a large amount of visibility ahead of me, because I'm well aware of the size of my car, and I'm not keen on plowing into anything or hurting anyone else.

Cade

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no squealer, so I will never tell... They'll have to torture me first. ;)

-D
2001 Spa Yellow S2000

MotorCade said:
I neither confirm nor deny any yellow crossing... but let's say if I 'had' crossed the yellow I would have made sure it was only with a large amount of visibility ahead of me, because I'm well aware of the size of my car, and I'm not keen on plowing into anything or hurting anyone else.

Cade

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I neither confirm nor deny any yellow crossing...
MotorCade,
Crossing the yellow line is dangerous! Don't do it! It just isn't safe! Take it to the track man!

Sorry, I caught so much hell over dragon's tail videos that I had to give it to someone else!

Did anyone notice the leaves reflecting in Motorcades wheel in that one pic on killboy and tailofthedragon.com?

Next time you plan a trip up, (or over) pm me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I know... I'm a rebel. Next time, I'm going to drive on the left side of the line, the entire way... in a tribute to the british origins of our cars.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Daverx7,

Can't find your business card, if you're still around, can you pm me? I'd like to send you the pics I took. Your S2K is gorgeous, btw.

Cade

·
Registered
307 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
MotorCade,
Crossing the yellow line is dangerous! Don't do it! It just isn't safe! Take it to the track man!
Not to mention that it will bring the wrath of the local police everytime they catch wind of you coming. The S2Ks ruined the last trip our spyder group took to the Gap when they were there. The chopeer was up in the air and the police were are on almost every turn. The trip before that one they were crossing the double yellow everywhere. It was so bad the crotch rockets were even complaining.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
On our run to the Gap earlier this month the place was empty! It was fantastic and on a Sunday!
That has to be the most entertaining 12 miles on the planet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Samurai said:
Not to mention that it will bring the wrath of the local police everytime they catch wind of you coming. The S2Ks ruined the last trip our spyder group took to the Gap when they were there. The chopeer was up in the air and the police were are on almost every turn. The trip before that one they were crossing the double yellow everywhere. It was so bad the crotch rockets were even complaining.
How many times do I have to repeat myself? The heavy enforcement was due to a sport bike rider getting killed there the weekend before that event. Did you hear that? A SPORT BIKE RIDER GOT KILLED THE WEEKEND BEFORE OUR APRIL 2004 EVENT. THAT BROUGHT OUT THE POLICE IN FORCE THE NEXT WEEKEND. I understand enforcement was rather heavy for at least another few weeks after that.

We have two large events every year and last April was the only time we have ever seen that kind of enforcement. Not a peep for our Fall event last September.

With regard to line crossing -- sit in on our drivers meeting sometime. We REPEATEDLY tell everyone "There is are two rules on the Dragon -- Do not cross the double-yellow, and do not cross the double-yellow." I don't doubt that some folks are arrogant enough to ignore that warning, but that 'type' exists regardless of the badge on the hood. :rolleyes: As a whole I'd say we do an excellent job of keeping everyone safe, otherwise I would not be there.

For you to say that we 'ruined' your trip is outright insulting. We take great care to schedule our events 6+ months ahead of time and pick weekends that do not already have known events. Ask killboy or any of the folks that run the Crossroads what they think of the s2k group before you label us as a group of party poopers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry, I will restate that it was only a few of the drivers, not the whole group. It is the non-caring attitude we got afterwards, from the select few, that left a bad influence on me and a few other biker friends of mine who were up there on another date.

I think we are talking about 2 different events. I don't believe I have not been to the official last 2 events in 2004 due to work conflicts. Either way I was almost hit 2 times head on myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts