The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That is so sad!! While, I have the opportunity -I would like to ask any pet owners out there if they have succesfully dieted thier pet down a few pounds. My cat is kind of chubby(OK- my BF says she's fat). She is an indoor cat only, 8 years old and weighs 16 lbs. She should weigh about 12 lbs for her frame, according to the vet. I have been feeding her the reduced calorie "indoor cat" formula all her life and I don't feed her treats or extra food. As anyone on this board aware of me knows- I love my cat- and don't want her to get heart problems, diabtes, etc. Any advice will be appreciated!!!

I know this has nothing to do with cars but the people on this board often give good advice regarding other matters. The people on this board seem to be more intelligent (at times!!) than those on some other boards and are a good resource. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
That is so sad!! While, I have the opportunity -I would like to ask any pet owners out there if they have succesfully dieted thier pet down a few pounds. My cat is kind of chubby(OK- my BF says she's fat). She is an indoor cat only, 8 years old and weighs 16 lbs. She should weigh about 12 lbs for her frame, according to the vet. I have been feeding her the reduced calorie "indoor cat" formula all her life and I don't feed her treats or extra food. As anyone on this board aware of me knows- I love my cat- and don't want her to get heart problems, diabtes, etc. Any advice will be appreciated!!!

I know this has nothing to do with cars but the people on this board often give good advice regarding other matters. The people on this board seem to be more intelligent (at times!!) than those on some other boards and are a good resource. Thanks!!!
I've always had great success with my pets' weight. Every vet has always commended me on how well I take care of my pets including watching their weight.

The trouble is that now you have an overweight pet, it will be difficult for you to deal with the process of her losing weight. You should make sure she doesn't have food down all the time. Feed her on a set schedule only -- usually twice a day. At some pre-set time, put her food down and give her something like 10 minutes to eat it. If she doesn't eat it within the specified time, you pick it up and she doesn't get anything until the next feeding. At her next feeding do NOT give her extra! Simply give her the correct amount whether or not she ate previously. Until she is back to a normal weight, use a high quality dry diet food. Something like Science Diet or Iams Eukanuba. Ask your vet about what quantity she should get at each feeding.

The hard part will be putting up with the yowling and possible negative behavior (urinating outside of the box, etc). If you stick to the plan, her attitude should be fine within a couple of weeks once she's used to the new schedule.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
first my bull dog is a very healthy 52 pounds

mike your sick, making a web site like this ... sick!

that pup seal is not fat by the way...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've always had great success with my pets' weight. Every vet has always commended me on how well I take care of my pets including watching their weight.

The trouble is that now you have an overweight pet, it will be difficult for you to deal with the process of her losing weight. You should make sure she doesn't have food down all the time. Feed her on a set schedule only -- usually twice a day. At some pre-set time, put her food down and give her something like 10 minutes to eat it. If she doesn't eat it within the specified time, you pick it up and she doesn't get anything until the next feeding. At her next feeding do NOT give her extra! Simply give her the correct amount whether or not she ate previously. Until she is back to a normal weight, use a high quality dry diet food. Something like Science Diet or Iams Eukanuba. Ask your vet about what quantity she should get at each feeding.

The hard part will be putting up with the yowling and possible negative behavior (urinating outside of the box, etc). If you stick to the plan, her attitude should be fine within a couple of weeks once she's used to the new schedule.
Yeah - the hardest part is the meowing and looking at me with pleading eyes. She also paws me in the middle of the night to feed her. I have been trying to cut her intake for about a month and I don't think she has lost an ounce! I don't think she will urinate outside her box as she is generally well behaved. The vaccum cleaner excercise plan that Evomind mentioned would definitely work, but I don't have the heart for it!!!;)

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Look, you have the wrong idea.

It's not a BAD thing to feed animals. We try to keep them physically healthy, but isn't mental health just as important? You can't say one is more important than the other.

Therefore, I say feed the animals till they will eat no more. Allow them to be happy and make their own decisions.

Haven't any of you read the book, "The Things they Carried" by Tim O'Brien?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Guys, dont be too upset. Most of the images look photochopped to me :shrug:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
the animal pics are bad enough....but they also have this:-eek-

Attachments

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Yeah, I'm guilty as charged :(
We should start a survey, I'm curious to see if any bigger people buy and fit into the Elise. There has to be a point where it just doesn't work.

I almost had a girl ask me for a ride. I was so worried I'd have to say no and give her the reason. No way she'd fit :shrug:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I just dont get it: is it for animal lovers or haters. ASPCA should get involved asap. :huh:
Darwin was so wrong...
http://obesebeasts.com/index/
I am an animal lover. There is nothing about the site that encourages abuse of animals. Some of the photos are funny and some sad and most are just stupid, but I don't see any reason to condemn the site.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
just feed the cat a little less each day and chase it around with the vaccuum cleaner twice a day.
+1
Or just get a dog and let them keep each other in shape.
:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts