The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find both practice and qualifying on SPEED but can't find the actual race. I missed out on the Canadian because of the same problem. Please help!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andy, your a life saver!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
At least the Canadian GP was live... the French GP will be delayed, so you can't have the F1 Live Timing running alongside the TV coverage... :mad:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If it's like the last one, SpeedTV will have it on as well a few days later.

I watched the "live" coverage, and then later in the week watched the speedtv coverage, which was better. Mostly I just wanted to see the bits at the end, as the fox coverage ended exactly at 2 hours and cut off the podium speeches whereas the speedtv had an extra hour of coverage and less commercial breaks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
get a DVR, add a wishlist "Formula 1", relax, enjoy

I find both practice and qualifying on SPEED but can't find the actual race. I missed out on the Canadian because of the same problem. Please help!

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
If it's like the last one, SpeedTV will have it on as well a few days later.

I watched the "live" coverage, and then later in the week watched the speedtv coverage, which was better. Mostly I just wanted to see the bits at the end, as the fox coverage ended exactly at 2 hours and cut off the podium speeches whereas the speedtv had an extra hour of coverage and less commercial breaks.
i didn't watch the fox version but it seemed to me that the speedtv commentators dumbed down the coverage for the wider audience as opposed to a regular speedtv covered event.

:shrug:

·
Registered
975 Posts
There's h0pe for Hamilton. I wanna see him podium from way back in the grid after his penalty. :rolleyes: :popcorn:

I can wish and dream, can't I?
+1

my heart sank after Hamilton's mistake in the pits at canada. i watched rest of the race with marginal interest.

same as in china last year, the race is just not the same without him.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i didn't watch the fox version but it seemed to me that the speedtv commentators dumbed down the coverage for the wider audience as opposed to a regular speedtv covered event.
+1 here. They certainly did offer coverage that was filled with more introductory commentary. But it wasn't terribly invasive so I could live with it. Which was better than the alternative, which was FOX replacing the commentators altogether.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There's h0pe for Hamilton. I wanna see him podium from way back in the grid after his penalty.
I can wish and dream, can't I?
They were saying that last year, Kimi has a similar situation. 10 place penalty, started in the back of the field, ended up on the podium. Pretty sure Hamilton can make 3rd, but I don't see him taking 1st or 2nd if both the Ferrari drivers are still in the race at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton makes up 4-5 spots on the opening laps. Combine that with an effective pit strategy and you will definitely see him make some points, maybe a podium. Along as he doesn't screw up. He's still young, his variance is pretty wide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts