The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racing Green was just about the brightest colour I could go for, but I'm still worried about not getting seen by people in bigger vehicles who aren't paying enough attention. So I'm thinking about getting a bright (yellow?) stripe down the centre of the car. A stripe is a great way to turn a dark car into something more noticeable by other road users. For example, a black car with white stripe instantly becomes something that catches other drivers' eyes (they may think it's a very fast skunk :p).

Anyone else planning to stripe up for safety, or just for fun?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
zOOMz photoshoped a bunch of different stripe combos in a recent thread. There were some especially cool ones. She'll even make one up to your specs...:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I fear for the reputation one could get for suggesting this, but I can't get the concept of Aubergine with yellow stripes out of my head. Would definitely solve the issue of visibility.

You would, however, look like you were driving the world's largest Matchbox car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - I saw Zoomz's thread when it happened, my question was more along the lines of who is actually gonna go for stripes, not how d'you think these certain colour combos would look.

My feeling is that striping is something people probably won't go for until after the first year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm getting BRG with a pair of yellow stripes going down the middle, ala Type 25. And I'm getting it as soon as I can get an appointment after I get my car.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Someday I might go for black stripes on my yellow car. I love the look of stripes on the car. For now, I'll keep it as is.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nightfall Blue & Silver

I'm thinking no clear bra, but silver striping that would surround the 'mouth'...maybe cover the entire nose and narrow to single or double stripes over the hood/roof/engine cover...have it painted in polyeurethane (DuPont Imron if it's still EPA legal) to resist stone chips. Had a friend that even painted the insides of his wheel wells with the stuff and it really held up.
I've done some photo striping and think maybe a dark silver/metallic charcoal would be subtle but effective. It definitely looks cool on the Bordeaux Red. So, yeah, I want stripes to protect the nose and individualize my car. I know...there probably won't be another one on my block, but I just like to have something on my cars that's unique.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
girlracer said:
So I'm thinking about getting a bright (yellow?) stripe down the centre of the car.

·
Registered
714 Posts
These are the only stripes I want on my car.
<<------

If you haven't noticed, I really like this paint scheme. :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, I would have no idea where to get a paint job like that done well. But fortunately, I imagine I have a lot of time to find out. If I ever change the color of my car it won't be until I've had the car for at least a couple years. Maybe I'll do it when the clear bra wears out, or the other paint gets too many scratches.

And on a more related note, can someone with a little better photoshop experience than myself change the green with a yellow stripe to a green with a white stripe? Please :cool:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks a lot :D

And I agree, I like two stripes better. I just wanted this picture to show my family, as they are really big Michigan State fans, and the MSU football helmets are green with a white stripe.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think a pair of black stripes would look great on saffron (are there any pics of this? - I couldn't find any). But I have yet to convince myself whether I want them or not. Fortunately, I have plenty of time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would love a Type 25, they are gorgeous in person, but since that isn't a factory option and I don't know anyone I'd trust to touch my Elise, I'll pass. As it is, the LRG sans stripes will do fine.

Plus, I'll really need the clear bra here, and I'd rather have that done right from the start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts