·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
That shift kit looks like just the ticket. Where do I get one?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Notice how the entire center console appears to be raised up. Look at the hole in the cover, compared to the yellow plastic on the car (the receptacle for the screw that goes in that hole, I think). I don't think this is necessarily a short shifter, just an illusion.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Also, note the cupholder (currently removed, in passenger footwell)!!!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Drat! The shifter was my big complaint on the car I drove. I looked at the shifter on the Seven that AutoEurope has right now and it was beautiful.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
LOL

that tiny shifter looks nasty. Stock is better. The closer to the steering wheel the better. That's too far & stubby.

·
Registered
21 Posts
is that really a short shifter... I thought it looks short because the trim has been lifted....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Cruise control? Colin Chapman must be spinning in his grave...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Milan said:
is that really a short shifter... I thought it looks short because the trim has been lifted....
yeah, I think that's the stock shifter with a raised console - like someone is servicing the car and has the console pulled up a bit.

re: cruise control...

I don't see everyone's problem with cruise control. If I'm driving down a straight road for 90 miles, I promise you that the only thing I gain from holding my foot over the pedal is a sore shin. I use cruise in my MR2 all the time - pretty much any time I'm on a highway. Am I missing some of the driving experience by taking my foot off the gas while I go the same speed down a very straight road for several minutes? no.

As long as it doesn't weigh more than a few pounds, what is the real beef with cruise?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Out of all the amenities I'm used to, cruise control is the only one I don't have that I miss. I drove over 1,000 miles on Sat-Sun, and cruise would have been great. I don't think I'll bother trying to add it myself, though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts