The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone on another (non-Lotus) board claiming they have 3 new elises on their showroom floor waiting to be picked up by their owners, and a third (yellow) one with a $50,000 price tag that is for sale.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am. I'll check tomorrow and post pics if it's true.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
No way. Okay, I'll qualify that - It's obviously not likely, he's probably referring to the press cars, and also the yellow euro-spec S2 that many of us on this board have driven back a year or more ago. A number of the press cars are being housed there. Will check it out though (the things I do for you people! ;) )

·
Registered
91 Posts
they never said which Elises though right? Bauer (when they were a Lotus dealer) had a yellow S1 in their showroom that was for sale at $50k. Maybe they are all old ones....

B.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow. I'll give Christine a quick call...

Bob

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I gave a call to a contact at Newport European, who told me they're expecting the first batch of fed cars sometime next week. In fact may be just the one demo car, not sure. At any rate he said they don't have anything in since I'd checked in with them a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I was at their service center two weeks ago to get my car cover and they had 3 Elises there but I think they were the LA show cars and some test cars for the mags.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Patrick -

I was there about the same time, the ones that I saw were two of the press cars (one in green, one in red) and the lightning yellow Euro-spec S2.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
And they had the Chrome Orange one returned from Road and Track too.. so that could easily explain a rumor about them having 3 of the new cars. They do, but it's the media cars.

And the yellow one which can be bought.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Randy is right... it's the media cars and the yellow S2... which I thought could not be bought. (It has the manufacturer plate on it.)

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Anything can be bought. :)

Seriously, I assumed they would be willing to sell it as a track only car.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
mikester said:
Patrick -

I was there about the same time, the ones that I saw were two of the press cars (one in green, one in red) and the lightning yellow Euro-spec S2.
Those were the ones:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts