The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the Valenti list so far. if you are on the list, give us your spot #, please

8 Steve

25 Vangman

32 cranium

35 Evl

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I wouldn't think that would adversely affect their allocation...it is based on Esprit sales.....I am not at Valenti, but have heard good things about them...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all. If anything I would think that their long-term relationship with Lotus would only help their allocation numbers (which remain a mystery, to me anyway). I was hoping that #8 would get me a car sooner than Aug/Sept, which is my "new" target date. Now I'm hoping they are just being conservative on the delivery estimates.

Steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on!! I know that there are at least 4 Valenti people on this board, probably more.

Let's see who's here and what # you are ... :clap: We need to liven up this northeast forum!

Steve

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I know Ridgemanron is at Valenti...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm number 25 at Valenti. :D

Is it here yet?:no:

:huh:

Where's my little car? Here little car, where are you?:(

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, the first post has been edited to incorporate the list so far. If you know someone, please ask them to post their spot #. Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put my deposit down in Feb. and was #42. They said 2 people had dropped off so I was #40, but my confirmation is still #42. I wonder if any more have bailed out? Anyone know...Ridge? Also I think their demo was going to be Storm Titanium no sport package. Who was the last to place actual order there, #29?

Regards,
Cary

·
Registered
538 Posts
I passed on Valenti which is only 10 miles from me and went with Greenwich as Valenti wants $1000 over MSRP. I'd rather deal with someone who won't pull such BS, plus the wait appears to be the same. Too bad.

Paul

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here's the updated Valenti list. There have to be more deposit holders here....if you are on the list, give us your spot #, please. Steve

8 Steve

25 Vangman

32 cranium

35 Evl

40 Cary

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snowphun, when did you go in? Pretty sure everyone on the list above has a contract at msrp, sounds like they changed their policy ... As long as they are up front about it, I guess that's their right.

Vangman, great to meet you and your wife at the Canadian Grand Prix!

Steve

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Steve,

It was great to meet you too! What a great weekend for a great race. :clap: Too bad about Williams and Toyota getting DQ'd. :(

Snowphun.
I checked my paperwork and for all intents and purposes it looks like I'm at MSRP. I'm sorry but I gotta ask if you are 100% sure he said that.

Has anyone else encountered this at Valenti?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I don't doubt that you guys got in at MSRP, that's what they offered me two years ago when I first called. But two weeks ago I decided to get on the list, and they happily told me $1k over MSRP. Absolutely their right to charge what the market will bear, but it still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Like I said, too bad because they'll probably be servicing the car and I'd like to buy from them.

Paul

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I'm #62 at Valenti. They wrote me up at $1,000.00 over MSRP! I'm trying to get an earlier car though, should I come across one for sale.

Stan

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
BTW when I went on Valenti's list at #62 two weeks ago I was told that delivery would be in around one year. So 5 cars a month on average? Probably a bit faster or slower than that at first. Sounds like HRM might get more cars per month. If they are at 100 cars/year. Something is not adding up though: only about 2200 are coming in for all the dealers across the USA. So some might say that it's not what number you are, but where the expected delivery date falls.

Stan

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Stan,

Who did you talk to @ Valenti and when?:confused:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Who did you talk to @ Valenti and when?<<<

Bill Reudgen. Nice fellow. Last spoke to him yesterday, to find out when the demo car should be arriving (next week, hopefully).

Stan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts