The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Deposits are refundable. In that sense you are protected from the scenario you mentioned. The MSRP isn't going to decrease, but if you find a car for below MSRP by the time your car comes in, you can get the money back without the interest.

I don't think anyone paid under MSRP, but most payed MSRP or over.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Most people are buying their Elises at MSRP.

Deposits are refundable in SOME states, but not refundable in others. Be sure to check your local laws.

·
Registered
538 Posts
newguy said:
who paid at msrp or under for their elise. i just don't want to put money down and then the car's price goes down and you then can get an elise for msrp or under,
I paid $1000 under MSRP if you mean what the MSRP is today. ;) (I haven't heard of anyone buying at under whatever the effective MSRP is at the time of purchase, however MSRP went up by about $1000 a couple of months ago.) The new one I'll be taking delivery of shortly will be at the current MSRP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just paid MSRP + $495 (dealer BS "prep" fee) today. Can't complain about the dealer though-- got the car in 1 month, excellent salesman & the workshop is top notch (have been a customer for several years already).

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
jac said:
I paid 2000 dollars for a brochure does that count?
I never got the brochure.:(

But I did get the car at the original MSRP.:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mizrip

Everyone waiting impatiently for your Elise, read no further. Ire will be raised.

I'd been mulling over putting a deposit on an Elise for a few months, and I finally found a dealer that could get me a car in the timeframe I wanted at MSRP. Manhattan Motorcars said a deposit placed last week would probably result in an order in March and a car in June-July. Much better than the "two-year" wait lists other dealers in the Northeast were predicting. So down went the grand for a BRP hardtop touring starshield. Next day, my salesman (John Del Tatto) called me back and said he had that exact car at the port, and that its orderer had backed out. Would I like it now at MSRP? Um, yes? If all goes well, I'll be picking it up Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.