The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People are always asking questions about certain model years compared to other years etc. It's often interesting to compare different models and model years.

I know we have multiple owners out there. Lotus Family comes to mind.

So who do we have out there with the Lotus bug? 2004* and newer Lotuses. And nope, no wrecks, just seem to find myself collecting them.

My List of cars is as follows below,

Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige

I'd love to add a 2-11 to the list. :)

* a few LCU cars are titled as 2004, but are basically 2005's.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Who wishes they could be like you?

Um.... ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!! :bow:

If it were my way, My wife would have a Lotus in addition to mine... and I would have one dedicated to track use.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
People are always asking questions about certain model years compared to other years etc. It's often interesting to compare different models and model years.

I know we have multiple owners out there. Lotus Family comes to mind.

So who do we have out there with the Lotus bug? 2004* and newer Lotuses. And nope, no wrecks, just seem to find myself collecting them.

Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige

I'd love to add a 2-11 to the list. :)

* a few LCU cars are titled as 2004, but are basically 2005's.
I can only afford to own 1 at a time, but I have owned 3 2005 Elise's, an 06 Exige, and currently an 07 Exige S. For about 5 weeks I owned one of the Elise's and the current Exige S at the same time. It was nice to have a 'collection,' but my savings account was glad to get replenished through the sale of the Elise.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige

I'd love to add a 2-11 to the list.
I don't mean to sound like a wise guy but why four?

It seems like allot of redundancy to have 4 (nearly) identical cars. Are they set up radically different such as one each for track/auto-x/daily driver? With that much money tied up in toys it seems as if most people would want more "variety".

Anyway, cool collection :cool:

Noble

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of them is sold.

Why have three or even two? My husband and I don't share cars. We both race. So we need two a the minimum. A third is good for dedicated track days.

Don't want to turn this into who's got more, I'm just curious who we have on the board now with mulitple cars.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can only afford to own 1 at a time, but I have owned 3 2005 Elise's, an 06 Exige, and currently an 07 Exige S. For about 5 weeks I owned one of the Elise's and the current Exige S at the same time. It was nice to have a 'collection,' but my savings account was glad to get replenished through the sale of the Elise.
Why do you sell all of them? Are you a dealer?

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Why do you sell all of them? Are you a dealer?
Nope, not at all. The lotusforsale name I created when I signed up here to sell the 06 Exige.

The comings and goings of the Elise's coincided with a few of life's curves being thrown my way. Necessitated getting rid of one, then getting another at the earliest possible opportunity.

Others I've owned in the past: 2 Europa S2's, a Europa Twin Cam, and an 84 Turbo Esprit.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well "sucker" means deceived, or duped. Are you saying you were duped into buying four of them? :shrug: rotfl

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I've seen a thread in the past about who owns more than 1 Lotus. This seems to be the same.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I think Jack has got every version of cup car that has come out, AND a 211! That's a pretty big Lotus fan!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
One of them is sold.

Why have three or even two? My husband and I don't share cars. We both race. So we need two a the minimum. A third is good for dedicated track days.
what class do you guys race in with the lotus?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We dont race the lotuses as our insurance does not cover racing. We use them only for weekend car shows and cruises.

We have a few other cars we race.

I think PatrickO has had several Lotuses :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meant to just see how many here had several of the new Lotuses, hence the reason EliseTalk was originally started.....

Like I said, just asking how many people have gone through by now since it's been several years since we first got them.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well "sucker" means deceived, or duped. Are you saying you were duped into buying four of them? :shrug: rotfl

JWA understands the usage that I meant.

I'm starting to wish I hadn't asked. Mods you can remove this if you want. It's not going exactly as I had planned. I think the dynamics of the board have changed a bit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts