Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, who is in and when and where should we go? :shift:

Sound off people!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm down, this would be my first so I'll go anywhere. I'd say either early morning or after dark since we live in the middle of hell.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You know I'm always down for a drive. The only weekend I won't be able to make it is the 29th/30th.

Since I'm not a fan of waking up early and the Elise headlights are awful, how about we escape this hell and head up north? I haven't been to Prescott but I know Sedona/Flagstaff are much cooler than Phoenix this time of year. I just got a set of base wheels/tires today so I'm ready to put some miles on them!

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
How about a drive in the black hills of South Dakota? Lots of sharp turns, dips, twists, and ledges! + it's like a 10 min. drive from here :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
How about very early morning (saturday or sunday) local mini ride (while the air is cooler... er... less warm) to end up somewhere for a brunch, a nice shady park area, and /or a scenic place to take some photos of the cars/landscape? I was out at 5:30 this morning and it was really nice out... about 74 degrees! Great Temp. for a top down drive!
:shift::shift:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I vote sedona for the day, at least we will have great pictures.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm down to go north on a Saturday or Sunday. I am just too dang lazy to get up at 5:30 (Sorry PolarBlueElise)

I think if we did Sedona or even Flagstaff that would work out so we could rock with no tops up north.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I am in also

I am in also for going up north but a little bit later......it is going to be cooler than Phoenix anyway....

·
Registered
202 Posts
How about a drive up to Prescott/Sedona/Flagstaff on Saturday, October 5th? Should give us enough time to round up a few people and enjoy the cooler weather.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about a drive up to Prescott/Sedona/Flagstaff on Saturday, October 5th? Should give us enough time to round up a few people and enjoy the cooler weather.

This sounds great to me! Lot's of time to round everyone up and no excuses for not showing this way.

Lets get a vote and if this works I will start a new thread with official roll call and trip details!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Regarding the Saturday, October 5th date........My calender shows that as being a Monday. The next Saturday October 5th will be in 2013. I am hoping we don't need that much time to plan? :crazyeyes

Did you mean Saturday September 5th? There is one of those, on Labor Day weekend.:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Regarding the Saturday, October 5th date........My calender shows that as being a Monday. The next Saturday October 5th will be in 2013. I am hoping we don't need that much time to plan? :crazyeyes

Did you mean Saturday September 5th? There is one of those, on Labor Day weekend.:)
Well in that case Labor Day Weekend is out for me. But how about the weekend of September 12th through 13th either Saturday or Sunday?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'm excited to FINALLy go on a ride with other Lotus drivers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
And this is why I don't organize events...

I meant September 5th but apparently I can't keep the months straight in my Outlook calendar and typed October. Probably why the dates didn't line up. :wallbang:

In any case... if guys like the 5th (a couple weeks from now) that would work for me. I could also do September 12th or 13th but anytime after that I'll be in Korea so you'll be down one red Elise.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I can do Sept 5th.:) But the rest of September is out for me. I'll be in Canada, eh.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts