The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to check in!

Let me know as I think we might have a chance for finishing second in the team points and I want to change the lineup.

Art

·
Registered
113 Posts
Doesn't matter if you come in 4th in a class as long as your PAX time is solid compared to the evil GRA enemy!!!

Come on guys! BEAT GRA!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will there on Sunday.

I don't have my points card yet. But hopefully, I should be all good for Sunday.

See you there..

-Alan

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I will have myself and Natalie there on sunday as well as a new SCNAX mamber.

That is right! Another mamber! And guess what class he runs?

Any guesses?

come on!

No! To the surprise of all of you! he doesn't run STS like the majority of us. He (peter) is in a '00 BMW M Z3, so he is running in SS.

Or at least that is what he was told to run in.

I think that my friend Blake is going to come as well, but he is still way back in the pack.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gunnar said:
Well I will have myself and Natalie there on sunday as well as a new SCNAX mamber.

That is right! Another mamber! And guess what class he runs?

Any guesses?

come on!

No! To the surprise of all of you! he doesn't run STS like the majority of us. He (peter) is in a '00 BMW M Z3, so he is running in SS.

Or at least that is what he was told to run in.

I think that my friend Blake is going to come as well, but he is still way back in the pack.
mmmmmm M3 Roadster mmmmmmmm

Does he need an instructor! :D

Art

·
Registered
171 Posts
Trys_Hard said:

mmmmmm M3 Roadster mmmmmmmm

Does he need an instructor! :D

Art
Are you Drooling Art?

I think that you are. :)

He is a bit cocky, but I think that he could use an instructor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They were in SS in 2000 and 2001, but 2000 MCoupes (240hp?) are in AS as of the 2002 season.

I'm sure M Roadsters are there too.

The same car with the E46 engine would fall into SS with the E46 M3's.

If he's on 140 treadwear or higher streets, running that car in STK1 as an AS car might be a good place for him.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I should be there in a shifter kart, trying to not suck. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
BTW-At nationals, I beat Randy Chase by 6 seconds (on PAX time).

I might have that made into a T-Shirt!!! :D

Of course, if he'd run CS in a Spyder I would have had a hard time staying only 6 seconds behind him (I was 8 seconds off of the PAX leader--Gary Milligan in the Phantom).

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Conemangler said:
BTW-At nationals, I beat Randy Chase by 6 seconds (on PAX time).
Get in line. :) Maybe I should have walked the course more than once? :) I was not trying to do well, I was only trying to fill the class and not embarass it. I was also hoping that people would not think "wow...he sucked"...but that may be asking too much.

Driving a kart is not easy, but there was a little more to this. I have been working with a few people behind the scenes to make F125 a national class. There has been a lot of backchannel discussion. One of the items we discussed was the need for 25 drivers at Nats. A second item we discussed was that if we found 5 novice kart guys that came and spun out and stalled the kart, that would be worse. A black eye for the class.

My only two runs at Fontana involved one spin which killed the engine. I was very worried about doing that again. In both my 2nd and 3rd runs, I got a little behind in the slaloms. In both runs, I decided it was less chance of spinning, to go the wrong way on a cone. A decision I still think was a good one. Not good for times though.

But again, I did not care. I care a lot more about screwing up the car set up on the Spyder for the Pro. That made running the kart very difficult, as I am now out of CS and it was my last chance to drive the class, and I blew it. :(

Oh well.. time to move on. It looks like I need to get committed to karts and buy a new one.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LOL...

Sorry, I get so caught up in ME. :)

I should not take away from your accomplishments. You did kick my butt. Well, you and 1000+ other people.

:)

Glad you went. It was a fun event.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad you had the foresight to think about things like stalling on course. I'm a relative newbie to this sport and one of the mysteries I've encountered is this strong anti-kart sentiment among oldtimers.

You guys made a great showing and F125 definitely deserves to have full national class status.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've never been so happy to finish 237nd in PAX. And I was 208th on the South course.:) And knowing I left at least 0.5 sec out on the North course (between having the radio bail-out in the slalom, and getting fuel starvation exiting the final turn before the finish slalom) means that I could have been even higher.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Davard said:
I've never been so happy to finish 237nd in PAX. And I was 208th on the South course.:) And knowing I left at least 0.5 sec out on the North course (between having the radio bail-out in the slalom, and getting fuel starvation exiting the final turn before the finish slalom) means that I could have been even higher.
Are the Pax'd times posted anywhere?

Just curious where I finished.

Art

1 - 20 of 38 Posts