The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the traqmate and so far I'm super happy with it. As the system stands right now the only connection to the car is for power, which works fine for feedback on my line, lap times, speed & g-forces but I'd like to tie it into the car for throttle postion, RPM's and anything else it's capable of recording. Any suggestions as to where on an 07 Exige S this is done?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I had a shop wire in my TPS, Brake and RPM. I know there were able to get TPS & Brake from inside the cockpit, but RPM had to be pulled off one of the coils in the engine compartment. I know that probably doesn't help much.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
For RPM tap into any one of the coil packs. Wire colors are red/white, red/green, red/ black and I forgot the 4th one. Run 1 wire from 1 coil pack to RPM on TraqData module. Remember to set no. of cylinders to 1. For throttle position tap into the plug on the throttle body. TPS1 wire color was blue/orange on 2006. Don't know if it changed on 2007. Set voltage from 0-5v. I also monitor oil pressure with a separate sensor.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Set voltage from 0-5v
Maybe ..... my data unit is wired up same way, but my throttle position sensor varies between 2.45v and 4.95v - best not to assume, but check what range you get. Otherwise, what Bruce said :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great Info, thanks guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's always surprised me that the traqmate doesn't sense rpm off of the power cable ala the g-tech-pro.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
It's always surprised me that the traqmate doesn't sense rpm off of the power cable ala the g-tech-pro.
i hooked up my traqmate to the negative lead on my coil on the 944.
I needed to flip a switch in my traqsynch to make it work, but it was really simple.
note; traqmate must be grounded if you are running off a power source other than the cars battery using this method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts