The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Do you guys know who's evora is this?? I'm wondering how much they bought it from the insurance company??

Lotus : Evora evora Lotus : Evora evora | eBay
Not too many black Evoras out there!

Ouch! While it looks functionally intact, cosmetically I think this one will need no less than $10K in parts alone (new front and rear bumpers, front clam, diffuser, rear finisher, headlight, windscreen, and many other minor parts). Add paint and labor and it would probably bring it to about $60K invested, not counting the depreciation from the salvage title. :crazyeyes

What a shame.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Airbags deployed, cracked windshield, complete new front, lots of hours to repair, lots of months to wait for the parts = rental cost.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Realistically, there is about 40K worth of parts there.. But that's about it. Don't bother fixing it for already stated reasons. It's a losing proposition..

·
Registered
595 Posts
The front clam is usable-- but the bent subframe is a little more worrisome. Get out your measuring tape, lads, you want to make sure that comes out square...

Actually it would not be a tough project for someone who was handy, but definitely not a money-maker. An easier way to save ten grand on your Evora purchase: wait a year. ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What do they book for? I would say "maybe" at 30-40% of book. Fixed up with a bad title it will book for about 60% of book if someone would do a loan on it.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Prediction

3 months from now: TrackHack123 - I bought this car. It wasn't that bad. Suspension was mostly fine. I found a used front clam and my buddy who's a genius with glass was able to patch all the rest. The paintwork was perfect, but I decided to wrap it all in matte red. Anybody selling 1 20 inch diamond cut wheel?

6 months from now: GottahaveaLotusEvora123 - Anybody know anything about this car? It has a salvage title, but the owner says that's what happens to any Lotus that has a scuffed clam. I've always wanted one and this is like an $85,000 car that I can get for $35k. PS, I'm 15, but have a tractor license already. I've been saving all my birthday gift money.

7 months from now: GotaLotusEvora123 - hey guys, I'm getting all kinds of codes, and I'm on my third set of tires. The steering makes a clunking sound every time I go over a pebble, and it pulls to the right over 5mph. But they all do that, right??:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have bought several recon'd titled vehicles and they have all been ok. I always expect to have to do a bit of work here and there, but I turn wrenches as a hobby and side work so it's fun for me.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Dylan, that's some funny ****! :D

In all seriousness, I see this wrecked salvage as a potential race car. Buy it, fix the exterior (no paint needed on the panels, just vinyl wrap), stripped out the interior, build a cage into it, racing seat/harness.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you could get it for 20K, then it might not be a bad idea to have it as a second car for parts seeing how Lotus is these days and might go under any day.....

+1 to the post above. Make it into a stripped out race car and still have parts left over for the other 'daily' one as well!!!

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
I agree GTN race car opportunity. Frame
ok looking at depth of damage but. If not bolt on new. Front frame

·
Registered
90 Posts
what kind of a damage is that? front subframe and all the stuff in there looks fine.. even the white plastic washer fluid container is ok -which is very fragile..-
i could not understand how the airbags worked with such little damage on the car.
i believe this evora hit a motorcycle or a pedestrian, broke the bumber and front clamshell. i believe the windshield is damaged because of the motorcycle/pedestrian hit it..
together with front clamshell and bumper you will need a pair of airbags and ecu of those.. so this is not a cheap work! i am sure someone will get this and have a race car thanks to gtn pack..
really curious about the future of that one.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
Track car. Calling Sector 111!!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
what kind of a damage is that? front subframe and all the stuff in there looks fine.. even the white plastic washer fluid container is ok -which is very fragile..-
i could not understand how the airbags worked with such little damage on the car.
i believe this evora hit a motorcycle or a pedestrian, broke the bumber and front clamshell. i believe the windshield is damaged because of the motorcycle/pedestrian hit it..
together with front clamshell and bumper you will need a pair of airbags and ecu of those.. so this is not a cheap work! i am sure someone will get this and have a race car thanks to gtn pack..
really curious about the future of that one.
air bags could have deployed when they slammed the tires over a curb or something. just because you don't see frame damage isn't always visible in such cases.

The damage to the front clam on the driver side indicates to me a sharp upward jarring impact to the clam from the left front tire, lifting it off the frame on that side.

Something like that would have deployed the airbags. On the other hand I don't see any major damage to the wheel so maybe it was something different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
3 months from now: TrackHack123 - I bought this car. It wasn't that bad. Suspension was mostly fine. I found a used front clam and my buddy who's a genius with glass was able to patch all the rest. The paintwork was perfect, but I decided to wrap it all in matte red. Anybody selling 1 20 inch diamond cut wheel?

6 months from now: GottahaveaLotusEvora123 - Anybody know anything about this car? It has a salvage title, but the owner says that's what happens to any Lotus that has a scuffed clam. I've always wanted one and this is like an $85,000 car that I can get for $35k. PS, I'm 15, but have a tractor license already. I've been saving all my birthday gift money.

7 months from now: GotaLotusEvora123 - hey guys, I'm getting all kinds of codes, and I'm on my third set of tires. The steering makes a clunking sound every time I go over a pebble, and it pulls to the right over 5mph. But they all do that, right??:)
Hahahaha - so true...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts