The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two people in a red/bisquit, soft top Elise followed me up the 73 from Newport Beach and off on the 55 transition to the Baker exit in costa Mesa. I got off on Baker, but the Elise continued on. Was that anybody on here?

I have very good visibility out the back of my car, but when the Elise was close behind me (in stopped traffic), all that was visible was the black soft top. For any SUV/mini-van it would have been invisible. It was close enough and narrow enough that it wasn't visible in my side mirrors either. I certainly recommend not getting close to any vehicle in front of you when driving the Elise in any situation where the driver in front could conceivably have any reason to back up (OK...never).

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Chris,

Good point on visiblity... Elise drivers are advised to stay visibile when pulling up & stopping behind another car. Be sure you can see the interior mirror & at least 1 exterior mirror. That may mean leaving a larger gap between you and the car or pulling slightly off center (to one side) or both.

If the driver backs over you, it will be their fault, but you'll have a crunched nose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts