The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Lotus has yet to finalize exactly what will be in the final production version and they are not going to start building cars until May, what is the point of taking orders so early?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm guessing it's once again because of good old capitalism. It's much better for their business to have your money rather than you. ;) If they can collect your deposit and put it in an interest bearing account for a couple of years before the car comes, so much the better. And I don't have a problem with it, as I want the car bad enough to go along with it. Even if the car never materialized, they could turn all the deposits back over, and still have a little profit to show.

Cade

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the dealers could (and probably have) take our deposits now and put it into some interest bearing account.

Seems to me like HURRY UP AND WAIT scenario.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If the first set of deliveries is in April the options, colors, etc. need to be determined now for the build cycle. Order components specific to the orders, receive the components, build the cars, ship the cars, receive the cars, prep. the cars, customer delivery. Four months is not unreasonalbe as an order, build, delivery cycle.
By the way, I'm not holding my breath regarding the April date.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
James A said:
If the first set of deliveries is in April the options, colors, etc. need to be determined now for the build cycle. Order components specific to the orders, receive the components, build the cars, ship the cars, receive the cars, prep. the cars, customer delivery. Four months is not unreasonalbe as an order, build, delivery cycle.
By the way, I'm not holding my breath regarding the April date.
Production of the US car starts in May not April as was originally thought, with first orders shipping late May.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts