Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please select all that apply.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
**** your survey covered some excellent points. The BBQ around Birmingham is great as is the Barber Museum! It has some of the best displays of motorcycles I have ever seen (Sorry Indian Museum and Curtis Museum) and their Lotus collection has grown quite a bit since the last time I was there.

As a long time LOGer I have some other reasons to attend LOG: Reconnecting with the Lotus factory people; it is a kick when they remember your name. Reconnecting with many great people who attend LOG; unfortunately I only get to see some of my Lotus friends once or twice a year. I don’t “love” driving go-carts but I will engage in a few grudge matches with some folks, notably my wife and a certain Canadian Type 61 driver. The autocross will be fun even though I will be outgunned by most everyone out there. I hope to post a quicker time than any other car of equal or greater age than our Seven (It’s a series 1 from 1958 so you Mk VI guys better watch your backs). I like talking to the good folks that supply parts. The Lotus community has some great suppliers and many of them show up at LOG. Speaking of parts, I have managed to get a few hard to find items at the auto jumble. The concourse (actually a peoples’ choice car show) is a great opportunity to see what others have been doing with their cars. You get to see everything from pristine examples of cars as they came from the factory to wildly modified examples. Collecting autographs! I like hanging out in the hotel bar to hear the stories that never seem to make it to print.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a long time LOGer I have some other reasons to attend LOG:
The poll function only allows 20 entries or I would have put more.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've already met Shinoo and SweetDaddyD in person. Autocross isn't really my thing (although I think I might do it this year), and while I'll stick my car in the Concourse D'Elegance, I won't be showing it off.

Everything else: I'm in.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
So serpent....why did you check all the reasons you are going, then check the box that says you're not going?? :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts