The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am autoX noob, I started AutoX after buying Lotus Evora last year! and I can't wait for this season!
Welcome SuHong. The best way to stick with the sport is to make sure you have fun and the surest way to have fun is to keep getting faster. That means, drive, drive, drive. Don't worry about modifications for a little while. As @jdawson showed at the beginning of this thread ^^^, the car is very capable right out of the box. So:

1) Get a good alignment
2) Buy at least 245 width front tires and 275 rears

I'm not sure if you are located in the USA, but find events that are close by and block off your schedule now. Buy sunscreen this year, not swaybars.

donour

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome SuHong. The best way to stick with the sport is to make sure you have fun and the surest way to have fun is to keep getting faster. That means, drive, drive, drive. Don't worry about modifications for a little while. As @jdawson showed at the beginning of this thread ^^^, the car is very capable right out of the box. So:

1) Get a good alignment
2) Buy at least 245 width front tires and 275 rears

I'm not sure if you are located in the USA, but find events that are close by and block off your schedule now. Buy sunscreen this year, not swaybars.

donour

Haha, thanks!

My friends also recommended me to get tire upgrade first and I luckily snatched autocross wheels (Team Dynamic Pro 1.3 which I think doesn't alter the class) and tires (RE-71R) for real cheap at the forum here!!!

I'm located in Mid-west and really excited about getting scores counted for this season in my local sports car club!

Thanks for good advice, I'm now convinced that I should probably run without modification for a while until I hit the limit!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@donour and I scoured the earth trying to find optimal wheel fitments for B-Street.

The TD 1.3s, if they are the 18x8.5 and 19x10 sizes, are not street class compatible due to the width change, unfortunately. Locally, it won't matter. Nationally, it would get protested. You're allowed to run 17"-19"x8.0 front wheels and 18-20"x9.5 rear wheels. 17s do not fit up front. Period. It might look like they will, but there is enough wheel deflection even during normal driving to cause metal-to-metal interference with the kinematic components.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts