The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I'm trying to decide on my color and find the chrome orange pictures to be very sub-par. Why is it so hard to find a good chrome orange picture?

-Steve

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
offroadr35 said:
Why is it so hard to find a good chrome orange picture?

-Steve
The answer should be obvious:D

Just kidding... I thought there were no S2 elises painted in chrome orange yet...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,103 Posts
Supposedly they have not yet painted any.

So check these pix out and squint your eyes and think S2:

[

Heres the one that's got me all hot and bothered...wow!

OK that's it, I'm back in the COM! :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Wasnt there an S2 painted CO for the auto show? Or is that just some silly rumor?
The S2 has no CO, the orange was called Lava Orange or similar, it was slightly darker.

Regards

Piple

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hey Mapes!

Me too!! I printed out that last picture and carry it around to show people the color I ordered. The reflections are just stunning.
I want to get the grilles painted so they will have this effect of the paint refecting into itself

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
shinoo said:
Supposedly they have not yet painted any.

So check these pix out and squint your eyes and think S2:

[

Heres the one that's got me all hot and bothered...wow!

OK that's it, I'm back in the COM! :cool:
I can't say I'm not at least a little nervous about CO...

The Esprit in those pictures looks a lot more metallic than any Elise "CO" picture I've ever seen. I'm not sure if that's just because of the lack of sunlight in the UK or if it's just more of a flat color. I'm hoping the CO we get is the color from the Esprit, otherwise I don't really like it.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,103 Posts
MattG said:
What about all the Orange S2 pics at Michael Sands' website? They're pics from the press packet handed out at the LA Auto Show. Is that CO?
Good question. I just asked LCU. They said they could not confirm it but that it looked like CO. Hmmmm... :confused:

It seems too far off of Saffron for it to be anything but CO. Guess, we'll just have to wait until Adamant posts pix of his! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
So I just got back from Criswell in MD, and they have the new Lambo's in. Two of them are what is called metallic orange, but it looked like everything I though Lotos Chrome Orange would be. The pictures are very deceiving, but I can see how they come out different colors. The paint changes color from the different amounts of light on it, and looks super sweet. If any of ya'll live around here, swing by Criswell before their owners pick up the lambo.

Here is the Lambo, but the Orange in this pic looks much darker then in person.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm assuming that the "metallic orange" on the Gallardo is the same as on the Murcielago. I've seen it a few times in person, it's the most beautiful orange I've ever seen on a car.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WARNING: Lambo's orange is NOT very close to the Lotus orange at all. I have also seen the Gallardo, Diablo and the Murci in lambo's metallic orange and it is the most gorgeous paint i've ever seen. My guess is it costs Lambo well over 5 grand just for that paint. I have seen Chrome Orange Esprits and the color is much less metallic and has more yellow in it. There really is no comparison between the two paints.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts