The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=afp-autoindyusapatrickoffbeat&prov=afp&type=lgns

This really should be a non-issue. I can’t imagine that she hasn’t been in other series on the way up that equalized the driver’s weight. If she ever manages to win Indy you’d think she would like it not to have an asterisk.

Danica Wins Indy*
*Driver has 50lb weight advantage (Index of performance places her fifth)

Well something like that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Danica wouldn't make it in F1 because at best, she's an average open wheeled driver.
+1

Also I thought it was great last year when Robby Gordon brought this point out. I head rumours of a lead filled bra to solve both Danica's issues :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
cause

·
Registered
836 Posts
Glad to see that everyone is a better driver than her and have wifes / girlfriends that are prettier,,,,,,,:crazyeyes

I think she is doing great,,,anyone here placed better,,,,,talk is cheap

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I don't understand all the Danica hate...at least she's doing it. So what if she's been overexposed, most "rising young stars" are. Just because she drives means she has to be big chested and hot, otherwise she sucks? At least she's doing it. So what if she's not a supermodel who is as intelligent as Einstein. At least she's doing it.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I don't understand all the Danica hate...at least she's doing it. So what if she's been overexposed, most "rising young stars" are. Just because she drives means she has to be big chested and hot, otherwise she sucks? At least she's doing it. So what if she's not a supermodel who is as intelligent as Einstein. At least she's doing it.
The issue is that she is getting disproportionate attention purely for being a woman who is an average driver at best (average when compared to other open wheelers and not the average forum member).

Lewis Hamilton is her polar opposite - he gets attention for being a spectacular talent who happens to be black. People don't grudge hims success because he has comprehensively proven that he belongs at the top level.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The issue is that she is getting disproportionate attention purely for being a woman who is an average driver at best (average when compared to other open wheelers and not the average forum member).

Lewis Hamilton is her polar opposite - he gets attention for being a spectacular talent who happens to be black. People don't grudge hims success because he has comprehensively proven that he belongs at the top level.
Well stated :up:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

Lewis Hamilton vs. Danica Patrick...lordy. Honestly, give the girl a break. She gets a ton of attention because she's a *insert adjective* looking woman in a man's sport. Its like any man entering a Miss America Pageant, of course a ton of focus would be on him even if he can't compete with the stunning woman next to him. Maybe she isn't your idea of a good driver. Maybe she isn't your idea of good looking. Maybe she isn't your idea of a lot of things. At least she's doing it and she's good for the sport.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Only jelous people care about the attention,,,,,it is the results that matter,,,,if you don't come in number one you are a looser,,,pretty easy math.

Number two is just the first looser,,,,,simple in any competition. We make people feel better by giving out silver and bronze to the best loosers,,,,,

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Lewis Hamilton vs. Danica Patrick...lordy. Honestly, give the girl a break. She gets a ton of attention because she's a *insert adjective* looking woman in a man's sport. Its like any man entering a Miss America Pageant, of course a ton of focus would be on him even if he can't compete with the stunning woman next to him. Maybe she isn't your idea of a good driver. Maybe she isn't your idea of good looking. Maybe she isn't your idea of a lot of things. At least she's doing it and she's good for the sport.
I brought up Lewis Hamilton because he is the first black man to enter what is a white dominated sport. If you are the first of any minority to break into a sport it is important to do it on performance rather than on the mere fact that you are a minority member. Would Jackie Robinson have been as important if he had only played for a year or two?

Affirmative action in sport does more harm than good - cricket fans are seeing this first hand with the quota system in the South African cricket team.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Only jelous people care about the attention,,,,,it is the results that matter,,,,if you don't come in number one you are a looser,,,pretty easy math.
Unfortunately in the world of sponsorship

Attention => sponsorship => success (in opportunities if not results)

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Glad to see that everyone is a better driver than her and have wifes / girlfriends that are prettier,,,,,,,:crazyeyes

I think she is doing great,,,anyone here placed better,,,,,talk is cheap
Ditto Bro.. Some of you are just hating or jealous or something. I mean c'mon :huh:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Number two is just the first looser,,,,,simple in any competition. We make people feel better by giving out silver and bronze to the best loosers,,,,,
Do you get some kind of kick back or payment of some kind for every "," you use? Or is that key sticking on your keyboard? If it is $$$ for ,,, I want in on that action:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I don't really care about Danica. There should be no weight equalizing based on drivers weight. The teams choose the driver. If the driver is a fatass, tough luck. That driver is part of that team's setup. "run what ya brung". In horse racing, only the lightest of people are jockeys(drivers). Why do they hire really small, light jockeys? WEIGHT ADVANTAGE!! Its part of the game. Car racing should be no different. Being a light driver is just another aspect of competition. Its obvious who this rule is favoring. Danica's sex/skill should have nothing to do with it.

Ps: F1 is such a high level of competition, the teams make the driver endure rigorous exercise to maintain peek physical condition. THis also includes weight control. So she wouldn't hack it in F1 anyway.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERUbPbAsjkY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERUbPbAsjkY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YkC70iFcJ04&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YkC70iFcJ04&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

1 - 20 of 83 Posts