The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed a trend. (Usually) Japanese beaters in multiple shades of primer have been following me, sometimes for quite far. What's the deal? Sometimes I feel as though I can't even go home, because I don't want creeps like that to know where I live. Can someone explain why someone would bother doing this? Usually they stay right behind me, revving their engines for 12+ miles. I find it creepy and bizarre. Usually my stalkers look similar to this:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Maybe because your jimmy is hanging out the window?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It's probably your long commute from the UK to Boston...........that picture is of an English modded Peugeot 305 -poke-

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's probably your long commute from the UK to Boston...........that picture is of an English modded Peugeot 305 -poke-

Lately I've noticed a trend. (Usually) Japanese beaters in multiple shades of primer have been following me, sometimes for quite far. What's the deal? Sometimes I feel as though I can't even go home, because I don't want creeps like that to know where I live. Can someone explain why someone would bother doing this? Usually they stay right behind me, revving their engines for 12+ miles. I find it creepy and bizarre. Usually my stalkers look similar to this:
sim⋅i⋅lar  /ˈsɪmələr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sim-uh-ler]
–adjective 1. having a likeness or resemblance, esp. in a general way:

-poke-

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I get revved at by ever rice beater and rust bucket car and truck that has a cat back exhaust... seriously makes me wonder wtf is wrong with the world NO YOU ARE NOT COOL FOR REVVING AT ME

what do they want from me? I am not going to validate their pathetic existence

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
They do it to me when I'm in the Type R, as well as the Elise. Evidently some people have watched way too much Fast & the Furious.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
oh.. they are just checking out there next car purchase....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
its the jacked up/lowered trucks around here(if you lived in hawaii you would understand) that really get to me... they couldn't out accelerate a stock Honda odyssey and yet they are revving at me like i should notice them and think they are cool

Edit: I take that back... even if you did live here you wouldn't understand it cause i sure as hell don't:wallbang:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its the jacked up/lowered trucks around here(if you lived in hawaii you would understand) that really get to me... they couldn't out accelerate a stock Honda odyssey and yet they are revving at me like i should notice them and think they are cool
Edit: I take that back... even if you did live here you wouldn't understand it cause i sure as hell don't:wallbang:
"My truck may move at the speed of smell, but daaaaaaayyyyyumm it sure is big!" rotfl

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I even get reved at parked. I even had a truck rev at me and I was standing on the sidewalk next to the car. Stupid. But it happens all the time.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I even get reved at parked. I even had a truck rev at me and I was standing on the sidewalk next to the car. Stupid. But it happens all the time.
how do you know they weren't revving at your [insert body part here]? :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
sim⋅i⋅lar  /ˈsɪmələr/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sim-uh-ler]
–adjective 1. having a likeness or resemblance, esp. in a general way:

-poke-
Yeah, my bad - I guess a beater-Japanese-ricer is pretty similar to a beater- French-baguetter

-poke-

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Revv back and watch their faces, i would.

I know you shouldn't take them on, but i would find it funny

(Notice: Works better with a 6" 2ubular GT3 Exhaust, or any loud exhaust like such is acceptable. Use at own risk)

·
Registered
96 Posts
A few years back, I had some kid in mommy's Honda tailgating me down an exit ramp. And I do mean tailgating, in the worst way. I knew that ramp, knew the Esprit would take the turn at the bottom at 70 though it was a bit tight, knew that there was nothing but an open field around the turn.

Okay, kid. You want to play with the big boys? Let's see if you're paying attention.

He wasn't. I came up to the turn at the bottom, tucked it inside, rolled on a bit of power to balance the rear, and it greased right through, like it always did. Mr MoreHormonesThanSense plowed over the curb, pieces flying off, and last I saw, ended up 100 feet into the grass.

In retrospect, that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, the kid might have come back after me later, or he could have been hurt. Felt good at the time, though.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few years back, I had some kid in mommy's Honda tailgating me down an exit ramp. And I do mean tailgating, in the worst way. I knew that ramp, knew the Esprit would take the turn at the bottom at 70 though it was a bit tight, knew that there was nothing but an open field around the turn.

Okay, kid. You want to play with the big boys? Let's see if you're paying attention.

He wasn't. I came up to the turn at the bottom, tucked it inside, rolled on a bit of power to balance the rear, and it greased right through, like it always did. Mr MoreHormonesThanSense plowed over the curb, pieces flying off, and last I saw, ended up 100 feet into the grass.

In retrospect, that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, the kid might have come back after me later, or he could have been hurt. Felt good at the time, though.

I'm sorry, but that story is hilarious. rotfl rotfl

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
People don't really do that to me for some reason... I sometimes get a rev so I'll look over and then they wave or give the thumbs up :shrug: :up:

Sometimes I'll get someone following uncomfortably close with a cell phone hanging out trying to get a picture/video... but rarely do they follow for long enough to make me nervous about going home.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
how do you know they weren't revving at your [insert body part here]? :popcorn:
Ha Ha, you're right. His lifted big black TRUCK totally turned me on.

-poke-

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
maybe they were downshifting :p

i had a guy follow me from towson all the way to silver spring (about 45 miles) around 3am 2 weeks ago. He was driving a riced out integra with a loud exahust, and it was also auto (i could tell by the way he was driving). He would fly by me at 100mph..slam on his break and slow wayyy down and wait for me to pass him and do the same thing. This kept happening the whole way until i let him blow by me at 100mph and then i took my exit. It definitely kept me entertained...i wasnt really scared :shrug:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts