The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear, the oil isn't that dirty, but I start her up after a change and she just runs like a bat out of hell. But faster.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oddly when I changed mine I thought it felt a little slower. Got worse gas mileage as well.
I used the 5w40 Mobile Turbo Diesel Truck just like everyone else. No idea.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
And conversely my daily-driver/beater is about overdue for an oil change and is getting hard to start. Perhaps it is the aging/loss of the additive lubricants?

·
A1 Automotive & Smog
908 Posts
I think it's just your feeling. But to make sure, dyno the car before and after oil change. :)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The placebo effect is an amazing thing, isn't it? Mine feels the same at times.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Washing a car makes it do this too.

I guess it's the decreased wind resistance? ;)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
All placebo. Heck our VW only needs oil changes every 10k miles. That is what VW does as part of their own maintenance program.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a VW diesel as well. I have little faith in 10k oil change intervals. maybe I am just being cynical but this is probably as far as they could push the interval before cars start nuking themselves before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My truck runs rough when it has been a long time since the last change, and then sounds very smooth after. Non placebo.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I have a VW diesel as well. I have little faith in 10k oil change intervals. maybe I am just being cynical but this is probably as far as they could push the interval before cars start nuking themselves before the warranty runs out.
That was probably the case 30 years ago with low quality oils.
Things have evolved since then and modern synthetic oils are capable of much more than the mineral oil was back then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts