The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I always see listings where people say their lotus has never been driven in rain. That doesnt make sense because they wash their car, and they are made in england where it is raining almost all the time! please explain!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
3 reasons. . .

1) Texas rain is different than English rain
2) Hydroplanes at high speeds
3) Because we are too busy on here telling people to use the search function!!!

·
Banned
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think everyone will agree he should be banned so lets flip this around. . .

Who DOESNT think he should be banned?

I think that should end this pointless thread!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I drive mine in the rain all the time. It's raining right now. Florida rain is no picnic. Lotus is fine though. Just need to know how to drive in it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi, I always see listings where people say their lotus has never been driven in rain. That doesnt make sense because they wash their car, and they are made in england where it is raining almost all the time! please explain!!
Most people (especially were it doesn't rain much) don't know how to drive in the rain. They usually plow ahead at their normal speed.

But the front end in the lotus is light and wheels wide, so it is more prone to hydroplaning - much more.

You can drive it in the rain, just not like an idiot.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Clearly it's because Lotus panels are made of pressed sugar (lower weight, and still kind to the environment!). The acid rain present in the continental US is not present in the islands of the UK, so Lotus cars in the UK can stand quite a bit of rain without degredation.

Thus only those who wish to upgrade their clams drive in the (US) rain.

It's in the "caring for your car" section of your Lotus manual, I believe it's on page 73 of the corresponding section--hint, it's right after the "how not to be a tosser" section.

You do have a Lotus (and therefore a manual as well) right?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally Posted by Afgdevil16
ALL of you guys r just jealous becuz im the youngest one with a lotus becuz on of you poor ppl can afford or drive it at my age. HAHA!!
English Mother F^*^%$
Do you Speak It?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Clearly it's because Lotus panels are made of pressed sugar (lower weight, and still kind to the environment!). The acid rain present in the continental US is not present in the islands of the UK, so Lotus cars in the UK can stand quite a bit of rain without degredation.

No wonder I always find bees trying to mate with my car when I park somewhere outside.. I guess it's not the color but the body panels..

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ditto to SanAnEliseMan. I live in Houston and we get sudden Monsoon-type downpours which you DON"T want to get caught in a Lotus. As in the case of SanAnEliseMan, they get sudden flash floods in Ole San Antone (I know 'cause my Aunt lives there and I visit quite often). That's why many of us have pickups as our daily drivers.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey, here in Houston it doesn't matter whether it rains or not to be seen. Based on my experience driving around Houston, because the Lotus sits so low, the plethora of drivers in high-sprung pickups and SUVs (talking on cell phones) cannot see a low-lying Lotus in their rear/side view mirrors. I've learned by experience that, like riding a motorcycle, maintain some "safe" space between you and other vehicles on the road or risk being whacked.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they do still have a claim to "sudden, unexpected darkness."

Lucas -- inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas -- inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch -- DIM, FLICKER and OFF.

The other three switch settings -- SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices -- Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...."

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas-powered torpedo? It sank.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner, "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" He replied, "It doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens anyway!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas makes refrigerators, too.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the short circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
The new Lotus cars are fine in the rain.

No problems.

This question that began this thread is stupid.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.