The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
That's a seriously fun track toy, you'll love it, that engine was destined for that car and it shows. I myself have often toyed with the idea of picking one up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: why i took back my deposit...

Little Bastard said:
I care... Nice car! Congrats! Is that a S52 or S54? Just curious. They both kick a$s.

Neil
S52. It's a '98, but only has 19K miles on it.
It's in amazing condition. Gotta do something about the tape player though ;)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: Re: Re: why i took back my deposit...

frukio said:
S52. It's a '98, but only has 19K miles on it.
It's in amazing condition. Gotta do something about the tape player though ;)
19k miles! Nice. My best friend just bought one too. A 1999. The first thing he did was drop a Dinan supercharger in it and change the ///M brakes to Porsche brakes. He is now working on the supension. The car is a beast! Oh yeah, he is a bit crazy. I am going to have a hard time keeping up with him in my Elise. :D

Neil

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am going to have a hard time keeping up with him in my Elise.
Only on the straights

M-coupe is a more of a 'muscle car' than a sports car. Great at point-and-squirt, but not as great in the curves. Of course, if he lightens it enough and re-works the suspension... maybe

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
grudkin said:
Only on the straights

M-coupe is a more of a 'muscle car' than a sports car. Great at point-and-squirt, but not as great in the curves. Of course, if he lightens it enough and re-works the suspension... maybe
I just want to give him sh#t about beating his big supercharged roadster. :D I drive his car often and it feels heavy but its definatly got some get up and go! I can wait to race him.

Neil

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Nice M roadster! Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
shay2nak said:
Nice M roadster! Congratulations!
Hey shay2nak
I see in your sig that you ordered the Stage 1 exhaust on your Elise. How much was it for this option?

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Very nice car. I have raced an M roadster all over Europe from 1998 to 2001. I know that car very well. It's one awesome car. Here is a pic of me in a FIA race called the 6 hours of Nurburgring back in August 1999. Thats me in the car with the sun in my eyes . My last name Herman is on the front window. Best of luck with your new baby.

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Very nice car. I have raced an M roadster all over Europe from 1998 to 2001. I know that car very well. It's one awesome car. Here is a pic of me in a FIA race called the 6 hours of Nurburgring back in August 1999. Thats me in the car with the sun in my eyes . My last name Herman is on the front window. Best of luck with your new baby.

Mitch
Hey Mitch
How are you? Nice photo, I like the color :D
Is that an intercooler or an oil cooler on the front of that car?

Neil

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Niel,

Thats an oil cooler and it killed us in one of the races. My co-Driver cut a corner and bottomed out the car. While he did this he split both motor mounts. The engine them moved around sending the crank pully into the oil cooler line slicing them in half. Needless to say The motor went bye bye that day.
Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Niel,

Thats an oil cooler and it killed us in one of the races. My co-Driver cut a corner and bottomed out the car. While he did this he split both motor mounts. The engine them moved around sending the crank pully into the oil cooler line slicing them in half. Needless to say The motor went bye bye that day.
Best Wishes,
Mitch
Hey Mitch
Here is a pict of me... Ok its not the Nurburgring or an M roadster. :( it's a 1.9L at a autocross at Irvindale. :D Came in 2nd that day.
I can only dream of piloting the Nurburgring some day.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Well I wish the best for you and your new car. The true test for you is going to be when you see your first US Elise driving down the road. This is when you will know if you went with your heart or brain and if it was the right choice ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1FASTMX5 said:
Well I wish the best for you and your new car. The true test for you is going to be when you see your first US Elise driving down the road. This is when you will know if you went with your heart or brain and if it was the right choice ;)
Very true!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts