The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,643 Posts
It's an extra profit point for Lotus, nothing more.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
More prep necessary? Maybe metallic white needs a more careful application. You could see uneveness in the metallic density if not applied carefully. It may need several thin applications. That's my theory for what it's worth.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I don't think it's just a metallic. I think it's a pearl in the clearcoat. So it's some extra expense and labor.

That said, it's not double the work. It's just corporate pricing/profit strategies at work.

xtn

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think it's just a metallic. I think it's a pearl in the clearcoat. So it's some extra expense and labor.

xtn
beat me to it.
If you look close, you can see pearls in the paint. ;)
Still, I too think $1200 is a bit steep... :mad:

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a three coat application.

·
Registered
431 Posts
^^+1

The paint charge doesn't bother me at all and it is what it is...other manufacturers charge more.

Now, the $3300 :crazyeyes or $5100 -eek- they have for the Limited and Exclusive is something else but, if you really love it, I guess you'll have to pay. :shrug:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I guess it separates us men from you boys... ;)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Don't understand........there's no COLOR !!! rotfl

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its because the pearls in the Aspen White use the same 3 stage paint process as Krypton. Base color, pearl, then clear. It gives it a really nice 3D look, but i think it popps more on the green.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Can anyone that has an Aspen White Elise/Exige take a close up shot of the paint to try and capture the "pearlness" to it, or the gold flecks?
It's not easy to capture on film, but you can see the gold flecks in the enlarged image.

First pic is the whole frame, second is an enlargement of the central area:

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts