The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love TVRs, but it's very hard to get one imported to the USA. Why isn't anyone importing them here? Surely someone could import them using the method 1G Racing uses to import the Noble GTO.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
yeah, man. I would buy a Tamora if US would allow TVR here.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've been sending TVR e-mails over the past few years, begging them to re-enter the US market. Hope you'll do the same

Maybe if the Elise does well here, others including TVR will follow

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
TVR was in the US market years ago. They nearly went bankrupt, so scaled back. Now that they're doing well again, rumors have been circulating that they're considering entering the US again. They supposedly even developed a left-hand drive Tuscan for the US. However, those rumors died down late last year, when TVR denied its intentions to go anywhere that would require additional development funding.

I personally love TVR's. Hopefully soon they'll have enough cash to justify the expense of coming here they'll reconsider!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
TVR also has the badest ass paint jobs IMO. I love that mulitcolored paint. I saw an S2 Elise painted like that, I'll attach the image when i get home.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At home two Typhons, one in casual dress the other in business attire.

Attachments

·
Banned
901 Posts
I think one of the big reasons Peter Wheeler hasn't come to the USA is because they pretty much sell every TVR they make already. Sort of the same boat the USA Elise was in until recently.

Great engines in the TVR's. Monster straight "Six" and V8!

Mark Pfeffer

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damit we live shelted lives here... I'm tired of being protected from all the cool cars they have in Europe:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
I love those cars! Too much out of my price range though if they ever got here. But I do love them cars! :bow: (Hey, we got new smilies).

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would think it would be quite difficult for TVR to enter this market because

1) They make their own engines. The cost of meeting US emissions laws would be prohibitive

2) I do not believe any of their cars have airbags.

2) They are not interested in being a component maker. They want to be viewed as a "real" car producer and a kit would be counter to this

3) They are very small and the market here would be very small.

Unfortunately not a good business case. Not too mention how to enter the market and set up dealers. I think there should be exemptions for small manufacturers like this to allow innovative new products into the US. Anyone who would buy a TVR would understand the plusses and minusses of what they are getting.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Even so, anyone want to photoshop some reflectors on the side of the car for us dreamers????:)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
TVR was in the US market before with Ford engines. Granted, they've moved beyond that, but history is history... and you know what they say about history! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts