The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Great idea, I need to find the picture of me trying to get in with crutches.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Youre doing it wrong.mThat's what the passenger seat is for

Figured that out the first time my ice cream melted on the boot of my old exige

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Wow. Holy **** Minnis good spot and great suggestion, can't believe I didnt see the ACU's.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
BOE makes a trailer hitch, and Harbor Freight sells the trailers...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Great idea, I need to find the picture of me trying to get in with crutches.
Been there. Don't have pics with the crutches, though, I don't think. Do have a pic somewhere of the car parked in the handicap spot with placard, though.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I had a frozen pizza thaw in the boot of my Esprit (was right behind turbo).

I stack pizza boxes vertically in the freezer... So later when i opened the box it was football shaped, and re-frozen... Hard to cut into 6 equal pieces! :)

I also found the Esprit easier to drive while on crutches (left foot 5th degree sprain) than my manual Acura RSX Type-S, so I drove the lotus the entire time. Had to retract the crutches to fit though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I also found the Esprit easier to drive while on crutches (left foot 5th degree sprain) than my manual Acura RSX Type-S, so I drove the lotus the entire time. Had to retract the crutches to fit though.
rotfl I had the identical experience, only with my Exige vs Mustang. Clutch in the mustang is ridiculously stiff. Didn't have much issue fitting the crutches, though. Luckily, by the time I was able to drive, I didn't need them much anymore. Though I was definitely hobbling around -- and slowly.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha guys, Roomate was with me in his pickup.

No ACU's lol, im USAF... ABU's (Parka to be exact)

AAFES dosent save money on normal stuff, only meats, ect

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I'm not at all arguing it's a good (or even passable) daily - I love mine but hate it on the street (other than the looks). Here's mine being a little more practical than normal

Lotus towing bark (Small).jpg

The a fore mentioned BOE tow bar. Easily the most attention getting drive I've ever had.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ok, the real story is that someone needs to sell me a g-damn BOE tow bar!!!!

BTW - I love Lotus/Walmart juxtaposition. We've all had bizarre situations in which people think our little cars are like $150K. Funny to think that some 'People of Walmart' might see the car in the lot and think that.

:)

·
3,201 Posts
Ok, the real story is that someone needs to sell me a g-damn BOE tow bar!!!!

BTW - I love Lotus/Walmart juxtaposition. We've all had bizarre situations in which people think our little cars are like $150K. Funny to think that some 'People of Walmart' might see the car in the lot and think that.

:)
I love my tow bar - it's possible I'll get a full tow rig this season so if I do and decide to sell the bar I'll let you know. It was actually really convenient to use it that way.

Agreed on what people think about them - sometimes I'm straight up about it, sometimes I just let them believe what they want.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ross - if you sell it - I'M CALLING DIBS NOW.

I've got the tiny Harbor Freight trailer that use with my Moke. Would love it for the Elise.

·
3,201 Posts
Deal - if I sell it - I may hold onto it just for the convenience from time to time. Is Phil not making them anymore? (sorry to sorta thread-jack)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All good.

I wanted one, but dont want it to interfere with any nice sized future diffusers.

Wonder If I can safely tow the Elise with an LSX Swapped Miata :d HMMMM

·
3,201 Posts
I wanted one, but dont want it to interfere with any nice sized future diffusers.
I have the BOE under areo kit (and big diffuser) and it works fine. As I understand it's one of the most effective ones (I have the street, the race is pretty huge).

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Ohhh I forgot about Walmart!

I was driving from Denver to St Louis for the Lotus LOG 25, and two of us stopped in Kansas City for some RainX and new wiper blades. I was in my Esprit and my Lotus buddy was in his Elan M100 (rather than his Esprit X180-R race car). Two guys came up to me while I was putting my wiper on, shook my hand and said "that's for keepin it real".

They didn't shake my buddy's hand, with the Elan... Guess he wasn't keepin it real

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm sorry bro, but you should have gone to Whole Foods, and with the same amount of money you would have got just enough goods to fill the trunk.

Fail on your part :)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I'm not at all arguing it's a good (or even passable) daily - I love mine but hate it on the street (other than the looks). Here's mine being a little more practical than normal

View attachment 183238

The a fore mentioned BOE tow bar. Easily the most attention getting drive I've ever had.
that's what i'm talking about - saw one in the 4 sale section....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts