The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this a few minutes ago and it blew up on facebook.....

Have any more not a daily photos?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Great idea, I need to find the picture of me trying to get in with crutches.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Youre doing it wrong.mThat's what the passenger seat is for

Figured that out the first time my ice cream melted on the boot of my old exige

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Wow. Holy **** Minnis good spot and great suggestion, can't believe I didnt see the ACU's.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
BOE makes a trailer hitch, and Harbor Freight sells the trailers...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Great idea, I need to find the picture of me trying to get in with crutches.
Been there. Don't have pics with the crutches, though, I don't think. Do have a pic somewhere of the car parked in the handicap spot with placard, though.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I had a frozen pizza thaw in the boot of my Esprit (was right behind turbo).

I stack pizza boxes vertically in the freezer... So later when i opened the box it was football shaped, and re-frozen... Hard to cut into 6 equal pieces! :)

I also found the Esprit easier to drive while on crutches (left foot 5th degree sprain) than my manual Acura RSX Type-S, so I drove the lotus the entire time. Had to retract the crutches to fit though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I also found the Esprit easier to drive while on crutches (left foot 5th degree sprain) than my manual Acura RSX Type-S, so I drove the lotus the entire time. Had to retract the crutches to fit though.
rotfl I had the identical experience, only with my Exige vs Mustang. Clutch in the mustang is ridiculously stiff. Didn't have much issue fitting the crutches, though. Luckily, by the time I was able to drive, I didn't need them much anymore. Though I was definitely hobbling around -- and slowly.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha guys, Roomate was with me in his pickup.

No ACU's lol, im USAF... ABU's (Parka to be exact)

AAFES dosent save money on normal stuff, only meats, ect

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I'm not at all arguing it's a good (or even passable) daily - I love mine but hate it on the street (other than the looks). Here's mine being a little more practical than normal

Lotus towing bark (Small).jpg

The a fore mentioned BOE tow bar. Easily the most attention getting drive I've ever had.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ok, the real story is that someone needs to sell me a g-damn BOE tow bar!!!!

BTW - I love Lotus/Walmart juxtaposition. We've all had bizarre situations in which people think our little cars are like $150K. Funny to think that some 'People of Walmart' might see the car in the lot and think that.

:)

·
3,201 Posts
Ok, the real story is that someone needs to sell me a g-damn BOE tow bar!!!!

BTW - I love Lotus/Walmart juxtaposition. We've all had bizarre situations in which people think our little cars are like $150K. Funny to think that some 'People of Walmart' might see the car in the lot and think that.

:)
I love my tow bar - it's possible I'll get a full tow rig this season so if I do and decide to sell the bar I'll let you know. It was actually really convenient to use it that way.

Agreed on what people think about them - sometimes I'm straight up about it, sometimes I just let them believe what they want.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ross - if you sell it - I'M CALLING DIBS NOW.

I've got the tiny Harbor Freight trailer that use with my Moke. Would love it for the Elise.

·
3,201 Posts
Deal - if I sell it - I may hold onto it just for the convenience from time to time. Is Phil not making them anymore? (sorry to sorta thread-jack)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All good.

I wanted one, but dont want it to interfere with any nice sized future diffusers.

Wonder If I can safely tow the Elise with an LSX Swapped Miata :d HMMMM

·
3,201 Posts
I wanted one, but dont want it to interfere with any nice sized future diffusers.
I have the BOE under areo kit (and big diffuser) and it works fine. As I understand it's one of the most effective ones (I have the street, the race is pretty huge).

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Ohhh I forgot about Walmart!

I was driving from Denver to St Louis for the Lotus LOG 25, and two of us stopped in Kansas City for some RainX and new wiper blades. I was in my Esprit and my Lotus buddy was in his Elan M100 (rather than his Esprit X180-R race car). Two guys came up to me while I was putting my wiper on, shook my hand and said "that's for keepin it real".

They didn't shake my buddy's hand, with the Elan... Guess he wasn't keepin it real

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I'm not at all arguing it's a good (or even passable) daily - I love mine but hate it on the street (other than the looks). Here's mine being a little more practical than normal

View attachment 183238

The a fore mentioned BOE tow bar. Easily the most attention getting drive I've ever had.
that's what i'm talking about - saw one in the 4 sale section....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts